• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2012 T-Handle in 2013 SHO

Started by geswek, July 31, 2013, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

It's not direct swap; still scratching my head.

Couple things; boot looks like it doesn't match.

The screws that hold it for the 2013 shift handle is in front of shifter; meaning the screws face the stereo. On the 2012 T-Handle, they are on sides (driver side/passenger side). The shaft for transmission has two screw thread; so I don't think the T-Handle will work on 2013 unless you can drill/tap on side of shaft instead.

I did put handle on and it can be used; I was able to float it and push button to shift in and out of park.

The concern I have is the little plunger that engaged safety lock can be completely removed--theoretically you can tap the shaft but I don't know what is "down" the shaft that could cause damage from shavings as you drill and tap.

I could drill/tap this; so I'm thinking about buying the boot too. The problem I have is whether or not the boot has the plastic with P/D/R etc lettering. If it does, it won't match the dot matrix pattern the 2013 SHO has; hoping the boot can be pulled off and transferred since the pieces are "same" in essence.

However; this other picture tells me the actual shift bezel is separate; see item 16.

geswek

Does anyone know how to take the trim off around the shift boot? I can't figure it out.

geswek

Well; Fred Beans doesn't take returns so it's either I eat the cost or keep pressing.

I'm thinking about ordering the boot and having the hot rod shop help me. I can't drill/tap as I don't have the tools to do it here in PA.

SoCalSHO

I am sure there are plenty of tools in PA. lol.
Do want me to try to remove my shift handle and let you know what I see on my end? or not helpful to you.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

Yeah that would be awesome.

I'm just curious if they actually drilled/tap the shaft or if your screws are just simply set screws. I noticed on mine they are way different than the screws that came with the T-handle I bought.

I really don't want to spend money on the tools and die kit to drill and tap LOL; just let the hot rod shop do it while they paint my calipers since they will have my car for 2-days.

SoCalSHO

Roger, give me a few. i havent removed it before.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

The Torx Screws Are Less Than An 1/8Th Inthe Shift Lever. I Have Photos On My Phone If U need
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

I tried taking the boot off. But did not want to break anything. But it does look like the boot is separate from the trim surrounding it.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

Thanks; that's what I needed!

Yeah when I broke mine off the boot came off trim and then trim came off the handle.

It looks like my boot may be different than yours--I'm gonna order a boot too.

So far; looks like all I need to do is measure.

Can I PM you later and have you do some measurements so we can cross check with me? I need to pull my handle off again but I'm exhausted and its nearly 10:40pm here--I need to crash.

I'll message you tomorrow.

SoCalSHO

Sure. I wont be on with measurements for about 20 hours though. gotta get something to measure with.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

No worries; I'll probably measure and take pictures to show you want I need.

If you happen to find tape measure or something we can go from there.

I'm pretty certain I can make this work--it doesn't seem like our housings are any different. I just have screws in a different place than you.

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

It's confirmed.

If you want the t handle in a 2013, you need the handle and the boot.

Sent from a mobile, I think.