• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO Dead on the Road

Started by irondoor19, May 16, 2017, 08:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So:
if I had any luck at all.....2010 SHO was acting weird, Started the car,
and every idiot light Came up, No Tac or Speedo, the dreaded Wrench
Engine light, ETC.  Started again in 1 Hour, and no idiot lights, tac and speedo came up.
2 days later, Tried to load a Revised Tune, And No Dice, and right away
Same state as above, Went Thru SCT, a bunch of time and effort on their part,
THANKS FOR THE EFFORT BTW, they thought it need a reflash,
SOO Towed to the Stealer Dealer. it has been their since Friday. and they
gave me a song and dance, about their Superior Service, Late hours, ETC
NOW they say the PCM is Toast.., We Gave them the one out of the 2011,
and BTW there are at least 4 Different P/N's for that year,
AND
as OF today, the last excuse is that Ford Diag Website was Down yest.
So they basically have not done anything as of today, will update later.
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Lexingtonian

Wow that really sucks! Hope you get it fixed soon!
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

irondoor19

Quote from: irondoor19 on May 16, 2017, 08:04:05 AM
So:
if I had any luck at all.....2010 SHO was acting weird, Started the car,
and every idiot light Came up, No Tac or Speedo, the dreaded Wrench
Engine light, ETC.  Started again in 1 Hour, and no idiot lights, tac and speedo came up.
2 days later, Tried to load a Revised Tune, And No Dice, and right away
Same state as above, Went Thru SCT, a bunch of time and effort on their part,
THANKS FOR THE EFFORT BTW, they thought it need a reflash,
SOO Towed to the Stealer Dealer. it has been their since Friday. and they
gave me a song and dance, about their Superior Service, Late hours, ETC
NOW they say the PCM is Toast.., We Gave them the one out of the 2011,
and BTW there are at least 4 Different P/N's for that year,
AND
as OF today, the last excuse is that Ford Diag Website was Down yest.
So they basically have not done anything as of today, will update later.

"as of 10AM this morning the only Transport i have are 2 Bikes, hope it does not rain"

irondoor19

OK:

the Stealer Dealer Got it, 462.00, for a Diag, and the Download / Reset
With my 2011 CPU, Yea i am butt hurt, but it is running again, 59K miles

This is Me, being abused by the Dealer :bangin:

Ok: Let me be clear, We Stole the ECU Complete out of the NON running 2011
I worked in the 2010, I hate to think what it would have been if they sold me a new one HA

TopherSho

They did not replace the ECU that has essentially ''forgot'' chunks of programming !!??

hmm ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

lamrith

Curios, did you flash it back to stock tune and put the 2bar in and see if it ran?  And leave that stock tune and 2bar in it when it went to the dealer?  Did they try to reflash/program the original 2010 ECU and it would not take a reflash?
Quote from: TopherSho on May 16, 2017, 11:01:22 AM
They did not replace the ECU that has essentially ''forgot'' chunks of programming !!??

hmm ..
Given that he was tuned, the dealer has no responsibility to replace an ECU.  The second we flash a tune to the ECU the warranty is void and we own it so to speak.  I do not see how they know if the car is flashed back to stock, but I keep hearing that the dealer can see if the ECU has been modified?  If that is true then soon as they look and see modifications, they wash their hands of it as warranty and you get told "ECU bad, needs new one".  These days with Service writers insulating techs from customers and the time/$ equation of dealer service departments, techs are not interested in reflashing things or diagnosing deeply.  A module is not acting normal, replace it and move on rater than spend the extra time to reflash/program it.  Sux, but is what I have been seeing more and more the last few years.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Do you still have the 2010 cpu?  Send it to circuitboardmedics.com if you think it is a physical issue.

But yeah, frustrating day?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: lamrith on May 16, 2017, 11:58:56 AM
Curios, did you flash it back to stock tune and put the 2bar in and see if it ran?  And leave that stock tune and 2bar in it when it went to the dealer?  Did they try to reflash/program the original 2010 ECU and it would not take a reflash?
Quote from: TopherSho on May 16, 2017, 11:01:22 AM

hmm ..
Given that he was tuned, the dealer has no responsibility to replace an ECU.  The second we flash a tune to the ECU the warranty is void and we own it so to speak.  I do not see how they know if the car is flashed back to stock, but I keep hearing that the dealer can see if the ECU has been modified?  If that is true then soon as they look and see modifications, they wash their hands of it as warranty and you get told "ECU bad, needs new one".  These days with Service writers insulating techs from customers and the time/$ equation of dealer service departments, techs are not interested in reflashing things or diagnosing deeply.  A module is not acting normal, replace it and move on rater than spend the extra time to reflash/program it.  Sux, but is what I have been seeing more and more the last few years.

they can see the flash count and 'sotra' make a guess based on service records.  If push came to shove in court they could not PROVE it was modded, only that for me as example i have had 19 flashes thus far on the ECU,  but only 2 dealer recorded ECU updates.

But! back on topic,  the ECU should not just ''fault'' from one day to the next .. sure I can see a bad flash on our part,  but in that event the region of affected memory will always be bad.  He is seeing it work, fail work between stop and start (aka reboot).   that smells to me that there is a voltage issue or a region of memory that is bad and has problems holding values in the memory cells.

I wonder what the flash tolerance is for the cheap ass erproms.   depending on the voltage used to write the cells of memory you could cook a ecu... but in my head as a computer guy that would indicate the ECU was bad to begin with, or the harness has issues.

my 2c
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

irondoor19

Got it back, running like a Stock Champ.

Will not be Re-loading for a few days, AND I beat them up a tiny bit 430.00 versus 462.00

ALSO if i had bought the ECU from them the bill would have been 1200 Plus Tax...

We also found ECU's for Under 150.00 delivered (within 4 days) with a 6 Month Warranty..

BACK TO HAPPY  :alkashi:

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: irondoor19 on May 16, 2017, 03:22:48 PM
Got it back, running like a Stock Champ.

Will not be Re-loading for a few days, AND I beat them up a tiny bit 430.00 versus 462.00

ALSO if i had bought the ECU from them the bill would have been 1200 Plus Tax...

We also found ECU's for Under 150.00 delivered (within 4 days) with a 6 Month Warranty..

BACK TO HAPPY  :alkashi:

Welp my fingers are crossed for ya bud'  but I honestly would pre-order a ECU.  150$ to me anyways would be worth the cost of having a backup you can drop in the next day at the dealership and master/slave to the car.