• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2 weeks of ownership looking for upgrades

Started by Vvvdannyvvv, May 14, 2017, 01:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vvvdannyvvv

Hey guys, my name is Danny.
Just bought a 2012 sho, it's a blast to drive!
Looking to see what people have built, and seeing what works. Never owned a ecoboost before so this should be fun .
Things I know I want...

Down pipe to straight pipes,
Intake
Tune
BREAKS IS A MUST
lower it an inch
Maybe new wheels or just get factory coated

Any suggestion on parts and where to get them or what I should focus on when starting?

Note this is not my daily.

Kinda weird, used to truck and ls motors and the list I just made me feel like a ricer ... lol but this car is amazing.
2012 SHO
Plugs, 3 bar, Catless dp, springs
Fastest Run stock 13.9 full weight plus extra
Fastest run on LMS 93 Race tune 12.41 full weight.
Fastest run on Ortiz TBD

AJP turbo

Quote from: Vvvdannyvvv on May 14, 2017, 01:22:21 AM
Hey guys, my name is Danny.
Just bought a 2012 sho, it's a blast to drive!
Looking to see what people have built, and seeing what works. Never owned a ecoboost before so this should be fun .
Things I know I want...

Down pipe to straight pipes,
Intake
Tune
BREAKS IS A MUST
lower it an inch
Maybe new wheels or just get factory coated

Any suggestion on parts and where to get them or what I should focus on when starting?

Note this is not my daily.

Kinda weird, used to truck and ls motors and the list I just made me feel like a ricer ... lol but this car is amazing.

Down pipes are beneficial, but to straight pipes would ruin the sound and make it terribly ricey

"breaks" as you say are a must do on the older SHO's

The wheels look like they are in great shape from your pic, would be a shame to coat them but if you are going with the rice theme then go for it.

Spare the intake and go for a K&N drop in filter.

A tune would make torque that your LS engines dream of.

Nice car you got there.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F there Danny and sweet looking SHO you have there!
If your seeking for DP as mentioned above then Mike.B is your man. info@ecopowerparts.com  Thanks for joining.  Z
http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=nPZ0ioTdtjEwRzb2EFiIf1

lattyd is selling his wheels if interested link below. Z :)
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7455.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Good advice/info above.  Welcome to the community, and hang on for the ride!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

WOW, You made it 2 weeks!!!??  You got patience man!  I had driven my car 2 days when I went "all in" on mods.  The cool thing is that for ~$1500 you can do the full engine/power upgrade package if you shop around.  Drop that by 8-900 if you leave out Downpipes.

Given you need brakes, I would say brake upgrad, then SCTx4, 3bar, plugs, AEM or K&N drop in filter, and therm.  Get it tuned then and see where it is at and what you think.

Welcome to the EB addiction!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Vvvdannyvvv

Quote from: lamrith on May 14, 2017, 11:38:11 AM
WOW, You made it 2 weeks!!!??  You got patience man!  I had driven my car 2 days when I went "all in" on mods.  The cool thing is that for ~$1500 you can do the full engine/power upgrade package if you shop around.  Drop that by 8-900 if you leave out Downpipes.

Given you need brakes, I would say brake upgrad, then SCTx4, 3bar, plugs, AEM or K&N drop in filter, and therm.  Get it tuned then and see where it is at and what you think.

I would'nt say i need brakes, the pads look like they have alot of meat left, just they keep overheating everytime i try pushing the car.

and also whats up with the verificaton with every post, makes it kind of annoying to post anyting -.-
2012 SHO
Fastest run on Ortiz TBD

ZSHO

Quote from: Vvvdannyvvv on May 14, 2017, 04:55:21 PM
Quote from: lamrith on May 14, 2017, 11:38:11 AM

I would'nt say i need brakes, the pads look like they have alot of meat left, just they keep overheating everytime i try pushing the car.

and also whats up with the verificaton with every post, makes it kind of annoying to post anyting -.-
The security verification feature will go away after the 5th post,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

OEM brakes on the 2010-12 are fair to middling at best.  Just upgrading the brake pads (and turning rotors) makes a big difference.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Lexingtonian

After changing my PTU Oil at 16,000 miles, I'd definitely say, add that to the list! Cheers on the new (to you) car!
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Vvvdannyvvv

Quote from: Lexingtonian on May 14, 2017, 09:34:46 PM
After changing my PTU Oil at 16,000 miles, I'd definitely say, add that to the list! Cheers on the new (to you) car!

Pretty sure it's never been done, so it looks like i'll be doing pads and rotors, and ptu oil change next weekend i have off work!
2012 SHO
Fastest run on Ortiz TBD

SHOdded

Might as well add RDU fluid to the list ;)  Should be significantly easier than the PTU, even though it still does not have a drain plug :o  80W90 spec, 75W90 is fine also.

ZSHO

X2 have always used Redline Fluids and ended up using Red Line 57904 (75W90) Synthetic Gear Oil for the RDU which a quart was oh plenty with its weight worth in gold. Z  :)
https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?product=57904