• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

About to order Livernois Tune - questions

Started by Lexingtonian, May 13, 2017, 05:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexingtonian

Hey all, I have a '16 Explorer Sport looking to purchase a Livernois Tune. I'm not looking to race it, or track it. Just looking to have fun on the street from time to time and essentially bring back what it should have had from the factory. I ordered new plugs (which I'll gap to .030) and a 3 bar map sensor. After some research I'm not plannng on doing CAI or downpipes.

In a previous post from the Livernois folks it appears there are a ton of adjustments they can make to the tune. Seems a little intimidating actually. One thing I notice now is how my transmission shifts. It seems confused at times what to do. It upshifts and downshifts a bit hard at times also. Will the tune improve this?

My main question is, what tunes should I request? I have 93 octane readily available where I am and run it perpetually anyway. My plan is for a 93 tune to be my grocery-getter and gas-masher everyday driver tune. I don't really plan to change the tune unless I'm towing or traveling and 93 isn't available. My understanding is there are 4 different tune slots available on the MyCalibrator tool. What should I ask for? Any engine longevity issues I should be concerned about? Since I'm not racing do I really need a new thermostat?

Thanks in advance!

Lex
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

MiWiAu

Depends on your usage, I suppose.

Personally, I run a 93 tune most of the time. I have a 91 tune as well, in case I'm traveling and can't find 93. I also have an 87 which I haven't used since I finished tuning it. I'll use this (with 91 or 93 fuel) if I tow, since max boost levels are lower.

I'm AJP tuned with SCT, but my tune rational could still apply to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

FWIW Don't have an X-SPORT but there is no Stat necessary when running a tune. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Heelfan1

I agree about the necessary part, but Livernois will tell you that it is needed to take full advantage of their tunes. May be just a way to sell a TS but I following their recommendation and installed one.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp