• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Woodward Dream Cruise 2013

Started by K4U2LUZ2, July 31, 2013, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K4U2LUZ2

Greetings everyone! It's just about that time a year again and I was wondering what everyone is doing for the Woodward Dream Cruise. As everyone knows the actual day of the event is insane, so I was wondering if anyone wants to get together after work one of the evenings during the week leading up to the cruise. Over the past few years, I have participated with other clubs (SVT, SRT) and had the opportunity to meet up and cruise around for a few hours. Last year I met with the SRT group and we went to Vinsetta Garage for dinner and then cruised around till about 10pm. Amazingly great food and a fun time! So would anyone have any interest in doing something like this? Monday 8-12, Tuesday 8-13 or Wednesday 8-14??? Let me know, Keith

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

http://vinsettagarage.com/

mjhpadi

I hope the event is better then the website....I tried to get directions since I still don't know where Woodward is located, and I get nothing but a blank page, and the garage website isn't much better...doesn't really tell me where it located. This isn't rocket science just wonder where in the US this thing is located! :doh:
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

jomc111

Quote from: mjhpadi on July 31, 2013, 01:57:39 PM
I hope the event is better then the website....I tried to get directions since I still don't know where Woodward is located, and I get nothing but a blank page, and the garage website isn't much better...doesn't really tell me where it located. This isn't rocket science just wonder where in the US this thing is located! :doh:
really don't know where woodward dream cruise is

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=210987532684684566946.0004aa8b4e3b5040a8a06

that may help

2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

mjhpadi

:doh:Holy Moly...can't someone just say it was in Detroit????  ??? It's really all I wanted to know....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

DJE624

LOL  Woodward Ave.  Famous GTO commercial.  Street racing. Oh yeah, Detroit.  Don't feel bad Mark.  When I was a kid I first thought Woodward Ave had to be in CA. 

mjhpadi

Dave, we have a town, Woodward, PA that we drive through on the way to our cabin, and since I've been going there my entire life, it's the first place I think about when the name gets mentioned.  Woodward also has a semi-famous Woodward Cave.

DJE624

LOL  I live on Woodward Ave. 

Darkside

Its honestly probably the biggest car cruise in the country.  I'm amazed that people haven't heard of it.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

SHOdded

First time I am hearing of it!  BTW, a list of car events across the country is also available (though not linked) in RockAuto's newsletter section.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TuxedoSHO

I plan on going to the cruise this year if i can make it back home that weekend. I had my 86 vette out there last year.. always a good time.

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

thewrubelator

Man, I miss all the great cruises and car shows back in the Mitten. I remember when I got my '89 Stang done, It was about a week before the Dream Cruise, I had just built a 351w and dropped it in, so i drove the car 1200 miles in a 6 day span, going back and fourth between Ubly and Marysville to have it broken in for the cruise. I wish I could make it back for this year!
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

K4U2LUZ2

It is definetly the biggest car event in the United States.  In fact some night time cruising is already taking place.  It is amazing to see.