• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan Racing Coilover Install on 2011 SHO: Any Alignment Issues?

Started by Jeremy S., April 21, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy S.

Hi All,
    I purchased a set of Megan racing coilovers and wanted to ask if anyone else running them had issues with regaining alignment specs after the install?  I read several threads about there being rear alignment issues after H&K Spring installs but couldn't find anything on alignment issues after Megan Racing Coilover installs.  If necessary I will purchase the SPC 84130 kit for the rears but do not know if I will need them?  Thanks in advance for the help. 

-Jeremy

SHO9987

Just had Megan Racing coilovers installed on my 2013 SHO yesterday.  I went to a local shop for the install and alignment.  The tech said that the kits itself installed very easily, however he had trouble with the alignment due to some of the adjustment bolts being frozen/locked in place.  Sounds like he just needed to apply a bit of extra muscle and was able to adjust everything back into OEM alignment.  Not sure for your 2011, but my 2013 did not require the use of the larger rear cam bolt.
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

ddlopes

Quote from: SHO9987 on April 28, 2017, 02:50:18 PM
Just had Megan Racing coilovers installed on my 2013 SHO yesterday.  I went to a local shop for the install and alignment.  The tech said that the kits itself installed very easily, however he had trouble with the alignment due to some of the adjustment bolts being frozen/locked in place.  Sounds like he just needed to apply a bit of extra muscle and was able to adjust everything back into OEM alignment.  Not sure for your 2011, but my 2013 did not require the use of the larger rear cam bolt.

I've been waiting for someone to install them on a 13'. Is the ride quality the same or is stiffer. I have a 13" PP and when I contacted Megan Racing they said the ride quality is different once you install the coilovers.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

SHO9987

Quote from: ddlopes on May 17, 2017, 11:21:57 AM
Quote from: SHO9987 on April 28, 2017, 02:50:18 PM

I've been waiting for someone to install them on a 13'. Is the ride quality the same or is stiffer. I have a 13" PP and when I contacted Megan Racing they said the ride quality is different once you install the coilovers.

It is definitely a different ride quality.  But I would say for the better though! I like the coilover set up on my 2013 SHO much more then the H&R springs on my 2010.  The coilovers are also very adjustable which is nice.
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune