• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3.5L SHO Firestorm HPFP

Started by StealBlueSho, April 14, 2017, 07:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

LMS,

I am having trouble finding any information about the firestorm HPFP benefits besides stabilizing the fuel pressure on the F150s. Being as its an expensive part, I was hoping you guys would share some of the additional tuning benefits? Are the new tunes that accompany the pumps going too..

-Increase boost?
   -Increase timing?
   -Decrease the amount of the throttle stepping into to control boost spikes?
   -Anything else you can share?

I know some of this is probably proprietary however, at $1700 or so a pop, before investing the money, it would be nice to see if you are going to take advantage of the additional fuel pressure besides just having good fuel pressure. Your current top tune for the 2010-2012 SHO maintains 2200+ fuel pressure so there should be some additional benefits in your tuning for it?

As you know there are several tuners on this forum and customers who would purchase the HPFP in hopes that they would be able to utilize it with their current non-LMS tuner... are you going to be releasing or providing the needed adjustments to take advantage of this HPFP? This would beneficial to you and other SHO owner as more people would be interested in purchasing...

Thank you for your time.

Livernois Motorsports

The HPFP is meant to allow the 15-16 F150's to run E85. It is also meant to let the 11-14 and 15+ trucks equipped with methanol actually allow methanol to be a power adder instead of a fuel supplement. Once again, E85 is for 15-16 ONLY!!!!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 21, 2017, 03:43:44 PM
The HPFP is meant to allow the 15-16 F150's to run E85. It is also meant to let the 11-14 and 15+ trucks equipped with methanol actually allow methanol to be a power adder instead of a fuel supplement. Once again, E85 is for 15-16 ONLY!!!!

Cool. Did you read the post?

Livernois Motorsports

At the current time most of the above information is still classified based on continued testing for final numbers.
I would hate to misinform you or the community about the adjustments being made.
As for releasing additional information to non-LMS customers, they will be able to purchase pump/tuner combos
for the same rates as the F150 bundles. Releasing the parameters upon release of the product is just not feasible.
That would be like BDubbs releasing a new wing sauce and telling you how to make it yourself. So while it is a business
decision, we believe we have priced everyone into the option of getting the fuel pump and tunes at a reasonable rate.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 21, 2017, 05:00:44 PM
At the current time most of the above information is still classified based on continued testing for final numbers.
I would hate to misinform you or the community about the adjustments being made.
As for releasing additional information to non-LMS customers, they will be able to purchase pump/tuner combos
for the same rates as the F150 bundles. Releasing the parameters upon release of the product is just not feasible.
That would be like BDubbs releasing a new wing sauce and telling you how to make it yourself. So while it is a business
decision, we believe we have priced everyone into the option of getting the fuel pump and tunes at a reasonable rate.

Thank you for taking the time to address the questions.

FoMoCoSHO

I think all non LME customers need is cc/camrot data.

Livernois Motorsports

As far as it has been addressed to me, non-LME customers will be able to stack the fuel pump tune with your current tuning set up.

WITH THAT SAID, Don't crucify me if that changes in the future.

SHOdded

Your word is your bond, sir.  Should you put your rear quarters on display, most certainly there shall be a duel.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

The rumor has it that a member here from E.B.P.F is in line and scheduled to be the first to have the HPFP Installed on his SHO.  Z  :-X 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Quote from: ZSHO on April 21, 2017, 09:10:56 PM
The rumor has it that a member here from E.B.P.F is in line and scheduled to be the first to have the HPFP Installed on his SHO.  Z  :-X

I wonder who that could be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

StealBlueSho

LOL... I know I am on the list of people they are going to call when they are available....

StealBlueSho

So can we assume, that when the pump becomes available, you will be releasing some kind of performance information as far as what to expect with the $1600 investment?