• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Air-conditioning stacking?

Started by Gjkrisa, April 05, 2017, 05:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Hi so my apartment is 900 sqft I own a 10000btu portable unit but recommended is 18000 if get a second unit and just build a table to put on top will that mean I have 20000 BTU or does it equate less then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Usmcsho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 05, 2017, 05:38:04 PM
Hi so my apartment is 900 sqft I own a 10000btu portable unit but recommended is 18000 if get a second unit and just build a table to put on top will that mean I have 20000 BTU or does it equate less then?

I'm in the HVAC field yes it will just compound btus

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Platinum Tricoat Metallic nav, BLIS, backup camera, moonroof, Sony Premium Sound. LIvernois Stage 1 with 3 bar map sensor coming soon

Gjkrisa

Nice Thank you do you have any experience with portable units? Which ones are good and quiet? My lg has been nice but seen good reviews from others but still nervous most not talking about sound levels just how cold there place is.

ZSHO

I thought you were refering to a heating unit since your in AK. Z  :D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Haha no temps still get to 90 in summer living in a apartment where you can't open two doors to allow air to go thru the house it gets really hot and also live next to the laundry room I hope the get more circulation In there in summer to keep our electricity down.

It's nice I'm on ground floor but it's like I'm on the top floor being next to the laundry.

We like our temp at 65 but normal is 75 with out door temps from 0 to 20 above  but for our room and working up north I need to stay use to 65 other wise the colder out door temps and winds are hard to be use to and the wife refuses to think that after two weeks she will be more comfortable with the higher temps