• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Researching Turbo Upgrade - Have Questions

Started by JDW1, March 30, 2017, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDW1

It's been a while since I've been active in here but mainly because i'm busy and haven't done anything else to the car.  I'm considering changing that and upgrading to the ATP turbos.  As a basis, i have a 13 SHO, tuned and running meth with the small ancillary changes to go with that.

My main question would be fueling, i'm curious as to how much more meth i would have to spray to accommodate the new turbos.  I'm currently running a 1k cc nozzle and 75/25 meth/water.  The car runs great and there are no fueling issues but i know that would change. 

Also, reasonably how much power can be made given that set up?  I know it's somewhat rhetorical but i also know there's a lot of knowledge in here that can provide some educated guesses.  I don't want to upgrade injectors or FP's.  I could get a larger nozzle instead but know there may still be limitations.  I'm not looking to get too crazy really, i likely wouldn't come close to pushing those turbos to their max.  I'm just looking to see if it would be worth it. 
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

AJP turbo

You may not need to spray any more meth than you are now.....you say there are no fueling issues currently....maybe not that you can feel....but if your stft or ltft is way off when spraying meth then that IS a fueling tune issue.

If your stft is pulling a ton of fuel which I suspect is the case then you could dial back the gas and the meth you are spraying now could be adequate
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

JDW1

That's good to know.  When i said fueling issues, i meant i have enough currently.  I cant currently speak to my trims.  I know that i don't mind having a decent spread on the correction factor if there were to be pump failure or any other aux fuel issue but the idea that there is room is good news for a potential upgrade.  It's either bigger turbos or a 5.0 for me.
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.