• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gauges

Started by geswek, July 29, 2013, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

We've gotten waaaaaaay too far off topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

jomc111

Quote from: FracaSHO on July 30, 2013, 06:46:59 PM
We've gotten waaaaaaay too far off topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we have. I did offer a suggestion in there tho. I am gona do a little diging this evening when I get to my hotel. Does anyone have a pic of the back of the pillar and how it connects possibly some ruff dimensions. If not I will take it off this weekend
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

bpd1151

I will try to dig through my photobucket albums and post some pictures tomorrow, As I am currently at work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

jomc111

Awsome thx.

Wish I still did a overnight in Naperville might have been able tocheck out your sweet ride in person.  Instead im stuck in rockford lame
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

bpd1151

Posted an entirely new thread, with pics and all, on my Custom A-Pillar Project.

Here's the link: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=796.new#new

jomc111

Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

geswek

Shite; not big choices with EVO's--but I got it figured out.

Don't laugh; I'm weird.

A-Pillar; Oil Pressure and Boost Pressure --- har har it will be "pressure gauges"

Center; EGT left and right with Oil temp --- har har it will be "temp gauges"

SHAZzom.

NOW; I am considering doing what H&R did (or whoever it was) and installing two gauges up by my sunglass holder. One being transmission temp and maybe something else.

DJE624

Roger that!  You'll have your own little cockpit!

Darkside

I can't believe you guys aren't buying Aeroforce guages.  If you aren't monitoring knock with a modified boosted setup, you aren't seeing the big picture. 
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

JaxFred

Quote from: Darkside on August 01, 2013, 08:40:34 PM
I can't believe you guys aren't buying Aeroforce guages.  If you aren't monitoring knock with a modified boosted setup, you aren't seeing the big picture.

THIS!! And the fact that you merely plug them in with out all that wire and hose running is worth the little bit of money. Very much worth the price for the ability to monitor just about anything, IMO.
2011 Ecoboost F150 FX2 Screw
MAK cat-less down pipes
Airaid CAI
Unleashed Tuning
JL Audio

bpd1151

I'd have to double check to verify, but I do believe the MyCal device has the ability to datalog knock, etc as you are desiring.

In addition to that, having the various gauges some of us do have (and are proposing to have) just looks pretty damn cool.

For some of us my dear Watson, is in and of itself, enough of a reason.
:popcorn:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

SHHHhhdhdhhdhd; Mike you are really trying me! I am literally wanting to hit the thank you button, but I'm holding back.

I agree; gauges are AWESOME!

I figured out what I want up by the sunroof; its going to be Transmission Temp and Water Temp. :) I just wish EVO would come out with gauge that says Transmission Temp, instead I have to use "OIL TEMP" and just know it's for the transmission.

So, that will be--

A-Pillar; Boost and Oil Pressure
Center; EGT Left, Oil Temp, EGT Right
Overhead Sunroof; Transmission Temp and Water Temp (or maybe AFR?)

geswek

As usual; Ford didn't get the part in--it will be here Monday (that makes it 7 days to get a part, stupid).

I'll get it to my fabricator on Tuesday now.

Here is the proposed layout--I'm still up in air about moving transmission temp to center and oil temperature to top.

DJE624

Crash712us  makes them.

mval

brad-talking about mine from chris-3 gauges i think 2 1/16" standard size gauges
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen