• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gauges

Started by geswek, July 29, 2013, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I'm working on gauges and still having some issues here.

A Pillar; boost and oil pressure

Center; EGT (left) and EGT (right)

I have one gauge open -- still can't decide; oil temp or AFR.

Thoughts?

bpd1151

I would use the open spot for a Tranny Temp gauge personally.

Also, my mechanic pal who helped me install my gauges recommended an Oil Temp Gauge over an Oil Pressure Gauge, simply saying that you're more likely to notice an "issue" by monitoring Oil Temp long before you will problems with Oil Pressure(s).

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

Thanks for the tip Mike.

I like the oil temp too--be nice to know if I'm roasting.

Now I'm thinking of where I can get oil temp -- might have tap the pan or do that bolt trick you did.

Darkside

No brainer, get an Aeroforce guage.  They make them specifically for the Sho and will even have SHO inside it.  It will give you two things to monitor and allows you to change them up.  Personally I'd want to monitor knock at all times. 
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

FracaSHO

Where can I find a gauge pod for the a-pillar?  Can I get one to fit 3 gauges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

bpd1151

You would have to have an a-pillar pod completely custom made (like I did) as nobody currently produces them.

FracaSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 30, 2013, 03:26:20 AM
You would have to have an a-pillar pod completely custom made (like I did) as nobody currently produces them.

Where would I go for for something like that?

Brad

bpd1151

I wouldn't have the slightest clue.

I say that, only due to the fact that the person who made mine, swore up & down that mine was the only one he would make (as a thank you for all the "How-To's" I authored) because he had learned so much from me.

That person, who was a member of another community, has since sold his SHO, & is no longer around. Hasn't been for some time.

I have pictures I could PM you of how the build process went on it, if you'd like them.

I would then suggest printing out those images, & perhaps bring them around to some local vendors in your area that specialize in custom fabrication (& upholstery) & inquire if they would be interested in taking on such a project.

FracaSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 30, 2013, 04:22:33 AM
I wouldn't have the slightest clue.

I say that, only due to the fact that the person who made mine, swore up & down that mine was the only one he would make (as a thank you for all the "How-To's" I authored) because he had learned so much from me.

That person, who was a member of another community, has since sold his SHO, & is no longer around. Hasn't been for some time.

I have pictures I could PM you of how the build process went on it, if you'd like them.

I would then suggest printing out those images, & perhaps bring them around to some local vendors in your area that specialize in custom fabrication (& upholstery) & inquire if they would be interested in taking on such a project.

Pics would be much appreciated. I may have a place that could do it. Or they might be able to point me in the right direction.

Brad

geswek

I'm going to my fabricator Monday and he said he'd be interested in doing more. He wants to do mine first and make sure. He does a lot of fiberglass and bonds work for boats, custom jobs. Has a good reputation and likes Grand Nationals. :-)

I'll keep you posted, but I know it's going to be somewhat expensive. I bought a second pillar for $120, and the 2 gauge mount was another $20 bucks. I figure the fiber work and upholstery another 2 or 3.

The only thing I'm worried about it upholstery. I have fabric covered pillar, not leather like Mike.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

bpd1151

Just for the record there Storm.....

My A-Pillar was custom upholstered & the upholsterer located a source that matched the OEM fabric found on the A-Pillar, as it came from the factory.

Which, you would know, is a cloth based material. Not leather.

As such, mine is not, nor ever was, leather. Not then. Not now.

geswek

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 30, 2013, 08:05:53 AM
Just for the record there Storm.....

My A-Pillar was custom upholstered & the upholsterer located a source that matched the OEM fabric found on the A-Pillar, as it came from the factory.

Which, you would know, is a cloth based material. Not leather.

As such, mine is not, nor ever was, leather. Not then. Not now.

No sweat; I must of not realized that in photos you gave me. I thought it was leather. Glad to know they were able to match your fabric, maybe I will have a shop too--there is a few upholstery shops here that are good with automotive applications.

Scott13SHO

I'd love to see a  A pillar gauge pod available for our cars....can't figure out why no one offers one.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

geswek

Quote from: Scott13SHO on July 30, 2013, 09:28:01 AM
I'd love to see a  A pillar gauge pod available for our cars....can't figure out why no one offers one.

Not sure; market?

Maybe the fact our pillars are cloth and not just ABS plastic?

Eh, either way -- I have a guy in Doylestown who will more than likely be successful in making this.

FracaSHO

Quote from: geswek on July 30, 2013, 09:52:02 AM
Quote from: Scott13SHO on July 30, 2013, 09:28:01 AM

Not sure; market?

Maybe the fact our pillars are cloth and not just ABS plastic?

Eh, either way -- I have a guy in Doylestown who will more than likely be successful in making this.

Keep us informed. I would be interested in purchasing one. Maybe we could get a group but going.

Brad