• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 Flex Ecoboost rough idle

Started by mprivi, March 28, 2017, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mprivi

I just picked up a 2011 Flex 3.5L Ecoboost little over a month ago. I just hit 75K and noticed a rough idle/ acceleration/deceleration, NO CEL. I planned on getting a Ford inspection and purchasing an ESP but now I'm having this issue and don't think the dealer will pass the inspection for the warranty.

I'm hoping changing spark plugs along with the boots will help this out. I was also thinking of cleaning the MAP sensors, but not sure where they are? Unless anyone knows of other things to look for? This is my first Ford and Turbo. Any help you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

If I pick up an OBD2 is there a way to monitor the system as I drive?
2011 Ford Flex Titanium TBM

SHOdded

Sorry to hear your Flex is acting up!  it could indeed be plugs or MAP sensors.  Changing the plugs, inspecting the old plugs' condition is a great first step.  Never hurts to clean the MAP.  Add an OBD II adapter and Torque Pro software, and you can monitor a lot of valuable parameters.

The MAP sensors are circled

the blue is a 3-bar, the yellow is a 2-bar stock.  The yellow one is the one you swap out to 3bar when you upgrade for a tune.

Could also be an O2 sensor or a fuel injector issue.  Let's hope not an injector.

Finally, is this only on the current tank of gas?

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mprivi

Thank you ... yes it seems to be on this tank I filled up on Friday noticed it in Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Ford Flex Titanium TBM

SHOdded

No harm in changing out the plugs/cleaning MAP sensors anyway.  But ride out this tank of gas, or at least 1/2.  Then add some Top Tier 93 in it to see if the situation improves.
http://toptiergas.com

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!