• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blue Driver OBD2 Scan Tool

Started by Dwill130, March 26, 2017, 01:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwill130

Hey everybody,
   I've recently just acquired a new scan tool. Paid $99 for it on Amazon. Link to it is at the bottom. I was hoping to use it as a boost gauge first and foremost, but it can read, and clear codes, log data, all the good stuff. Hooked it up to my Ipad and it does well. Figured I'd start a new thread because I don't see any posts relating to this particular tool. However I did have a question regarding its features that some of you guys might be able to help me with. PID 01-0B is Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure. This particular tool measures this in inHg, or kPa. Doing some research kPa converts to .145038: 1 psi. Do all scan tools use these two units or is it just Blue Driver? Called customer support and the guy I talked to wasn't helpful at all.

The app itself is really cool on the Ipad. Pretty useful. Bunch of different parameters. Real easy to set up. I bought a mount that goes into the CD player that holds my Ipad, and it sits right in front of the sync screen. I'll post some pictures of the app, and mount later if anyone's interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652G4TS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2013 Non PP SHO, LMS 93 Tunes, CAI.

SHOdded

Does it work with any other software?  In Forscan they generally have multiple units of measurement for a PID, if that unit is commonly used for that PID.  Cant speak to kPa specifically tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dwill130

No, I guess that is one of the downsides, it doesn't work with anything other than its native program that I'm aware of. I was just curious if I'm looking at the wrong sensor. When reading the forum on Torque, I kind of inferred the program itself takes atmospheric pressure into account, and computes the added boost from there and puts it on a gauge. Where as Blue driver only gives a total either in kPa or inHg. The program does have the ability to read boost pressure, but it says it isn't compatible with our cars. Apparently there's no factory sensor specifically for that reading?

SHOdded

The MAP sensors (TIP, and MAP) are used to read the absolute pressure values.  The PCM does the calculations to get "boost" pressure. 

BlueDriver is not compatible with the Ecoboost?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dwill130

The website says it is. But it's only with certain sensors I guess. It can read a huge list of different things but not on the Taurus. Who knows. I was trying to find one compatible with IOS but I'm probably gonna end up getting an android, and using torque.