• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best method to measure 0-60

Started by 10bird, March 25, 2017, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10bird

I have torque pro but I am not sure how accurate it is. Is there something better to use?

Colorado-SHOBro

do you have an x4 or sct device? . . can't view your sig at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

10bird

Gjkrisa

I use torque pro just to check difference in air and stuff and when I finally do mods since I don't have a drag strip but I'd wait for a drag slip before doing anything bragging

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: 10bird on March 25, 2017, 09:41:35 PM
I have torque pro but I am not sure how accurate it is. Is there something better to use?
The popular and seemingly most accurate way is to export your data log to CSV format in excel and reference mph and the time column. Resolution with the x4 is very high so this method should prove to be reliable.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Rockstar04

I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned this yet, but the real best way to measure your 0-60 times is going to be a drag strip. Any tool that uses the vehicles wheel speed sensors, GPS or a combo of those will always be a little off. The timing system at the track should be as good as you can get.

Now judging from the way you worded your post, this isn't the answer your looking for, but I still wanted to put it out there.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Rockstar04 on March 27, 2017, 09:15:41 AM
I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned this yet, but the real best way to measure your 0-60 times is going to be a drag strip. Any tool that uses the vehicles wheel speed sensors, GPS or a combo of those will always be a little off. The timing system at the track should be as good as you can get.

Now judging from the way you worded your post, this isn't the answer your looking for, but I still wanted to put it out there.
Think the OP is looking for 0-60mph times. Don't think most drag strips measure your 0-60 just your 60 foot.

However, generally speaking yes of course the dragstrip is the best and most accurate(albeit safest too) way to measure accelerations stats and performance gains etc.
It's also the most expensive and we don't all have access to open tracks 365 days a year.

I wouldn't give the GPS apps the time of day. very innacurate.
There's always product like these if you've got the money to blow
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/usastore/categories.php?category=Performance-Meters-%26-Lap-Timers/PerformanceBox
http://www.gtechpro.com/G-TECH-Pro%20SS

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

AJP turbo

The ecu's time is very accurate...the clock ticks and processor speed have to be pretty precise...it has to be able to control the pulse width of the injectors which is milliseconds ....it has to know that becaus it knows the fuel mass that is sprayed per pulse and its really tiny

So id say when logging in livelink the time stamp vs vehicle speed is pretty accurate, what may not be accurate is is people's perception that the road is flat which would skew the time
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 27, 2017, 12:42:59 PM
The ecu's time is very accurate...the clock ticks and processor speed have to be pretty precise...it has to be able to control the pulse width of the injectors which is milliseconds ....it has to know that becaus it knows the fuel mass that is sprayed per pulse and its really tiny

So id say when logging in livelink the time stamp vs vehicle speed is pretty accurate, what may not be accurate is is people's perception that the road is flat which would skew the time
any idea then why the speedos mph is always slightly off from what the x4 gauge displays while driving? at 60mph the x4 is 1.5-2mph behind the speedo.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 27, 2017, 10:43:04 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on March 27, 2017, 12:42:59 PM

any idea then why the speedos mph is always slightly off from what the x4 gauge displays while driving? at 60mph the x4 is 1.5-2mph behind the speedo.

Good question... usually cops don't care about 1-2mph...