• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dewalt 200 pc Mechanics Tool Set

Started by MarkC., March 23, 2017, 09:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkC.

Just ordered this set from HD and had It shipped to my local store. Got really good reviews and should serve me well. $89.00 from 200.
2014 Lincoln MKS Dark Side Debadged
Tinted Windows, HL, TL
AJP Tuned 93oct. via X4
3 Bar Map, NGK 6510 Plugs, K&N drop in
S#!+ Eating Grin

pmezo33

Love me a good tool thread.  I can't walk into a home depot or harbor freight without buying everything in sight.  They're like candy stores.

If you're using this as a starter kit to start working on your car and you don't already have one, get yourself a good 1/2 inch breaker bar.  Everyone should have at least one.

BlueSHO

Just ordered one. Can't beat 110 off and you can't have enough tools. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MarkC.

That's great. Dare I say, this may be made in America? Can it be for that price? I have researched my tail off for the last week for a set like this. Nothing is made in America at the price point I was shopping in.
Anyway, 1/2 inch breaker bar....would a 1/2 inch Tourque Wrench with a 25"or so handle fit that need? I need a tourque wrench too.
2014 Lincoln MKS Dark Side Debadged
Tinted Windows, HL, TL
AJP Tuned 93oct. via X4
3 Bar Map, NGK 6510 Plugs, K&N drop in
S#!+ Eating Grin

pmezo33

Quote from: MarkC. on March 24, 2017, 07:26:26 AM
That's great. Dare I say, this may be made in America? Can it be for that price? I have researched my tail off for the last week for a set like this. Nothing is made in America at the price point I was shopping in.
Anyway, 1/2 inch breaker bar....would a 1/2 inch Tourque Wrench with a 25"or so handle fit that need? I need a tourque wrench too.

You don't want to break bolts with a torque wrench.  It could throw off the calibration and really not what it's made for.  Breaker bar to break loose and a torque wrench to tighten to spec.  Pretty soon you'll catch the bug and move on to a compressor and air tools.  A quality impact wrench makes life very easy.

And nothing is made in america these days.  Even with completely overpriced snap on, not everything they make is made in the US.