• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need input on bounce rear end after lowing with H&R springs

Started by Dutchsho11, March 18, 2017, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutchsho11

I lowered my SHO about 1 1/2 week ago. I put new rear shocks on when I did it. I used KYB G2 shocks my ass end is bounce, now is this normal for our cars? I talked to one of my friends and they recommend the stock shocks in the back I did have the Performance package on my SHO. Thanks in advance everyone.

bpd1151

Never used the KYB's, nor am I familiar with them, however, when I had H&R's in on my SHO, never experienced any bouncing.

I also had the stock (Non-PP) suspension in during that entire time the H&R's were installed, no issues.

Toss some weight in the trunk, sandbags, a gym bag filled with workout / free weights, and then drive around like that for another week or so.....

I would be willing to bet your springs are still simply trying to settle and find their place so to speak.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Heelfan1

Quote from: Dutchsho11 on March 18, 2017, 02:20:22 PM
I lowered my SHO about 1 1/2 week ago. I put new rear shocks on when I did it. I used KYB G2 shocks my ass end is bounce, now is this normal for our cars? I talked to one of my friends and they recommend the stock shocks in the back I did have the Performance package on my SHO. Thanks in advance everyone.

Did you cycle the shocks before installing them? (Running the cylinder all the way up and down a few strokes).  I've made that mistake before and new shocks will bounce like old worn out ones due to the fluid not being properly distributed throughout the shock.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

Dutchsho11

My mechanic put on everything for me. We are good friends and he's a master mechanic so I hope he knows how to put shocks on.

MiWiAu

Do the KYBs have adjustable rebound damping? I assume the lower springs have a higher spring rate to help control the vehicle mass over a shorter distance, which means more stored energy with bump inputs. Without increasing rebound (or if the KYB has less rebound than OE) you could see an increase in bounce. Lower compression damping vs stock could affect it too (allowing more spring compression).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Dutchsho11

I will ask my mechanic and see what he says. This is so upsetting.

ZSHO

It could be just that the KYB Shocks are not compatible with the PP SHO and only made for the Non-PP SHO and even the Springs have different codes, suspension which Code E represents the PP only.
Did your mechanic have a chance to measure the length of the shocks between the two for comparison. ?
Best of luck to ya. Z
http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2011/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/rear-suspension-cat/shocks-and-components-scat

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Dutchsho11

So just an update. Both of my rear shocks blew out they were covered in fluid when we got it up in the air. So KYB not good at least for a lowered SHO bought the Ford shock it is thicker then the KYB shock also. So with in a week destroyed new shocks. But now all fixed no more  bouncing. Thanks for everyone's input.

ZSHO

I had a feeling the shocks were not compatible but any how glad things worked out accordingly with the new Motorcraft's,enjoy.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|