• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any One have issues dropping Exhaust manifold studs?

Started by autobahn terror, March 16, 2017, 10:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autobahn terror

During my Drive shaft mishap, My corsa exhaust got smacked to all hell. However, that was not the source of my horrendous exhaust leak. After getting under the car and pulling the shaft, straitening and repairing the main piping, I found a Stud bolt with nut still on it in the plastic belly pan. The stud is from the Exhaust Manifold Collector to the Exhaust inlet on the Turbo, (pre-Turbine if that makes more sense).

Any who, I saw a previous Post answering a question about how difficult/long it takes to complete a turbo swap. Since I would basically have to do the same process to replace the gasket and stud bolt to the rear turbo, where did those numbers come from? Are the Instructions w/ Recommended Torq Values when taking down and reapplying the rear subframe? Gotchas to the process? Even Better, Where can I Get a Whole Book that answers all my detailed question about this and all other TM-30 topics?

Thanks in advance...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

derfdog15

Quote from: autobahn terror on March 16, 2017, 10:59:12 AM
During my Drive shaft mishap, My corsa exhaust got smacked to all hell. However, that was not the source of my horrendous exhaust leak. After getting under the car and pulling the shaft, straitening and repairing the main piping, I found a Stud bolt with nut still on it in the plastic belly pan. The stud is from the Exhaust Manifold Collector to the Exhaust inlet on the Turbo, (pre-Turbine if that makes more sense).

Any who, I saw a previous Post answering a question about how difficult/long it takes to complete a turbo swap. Since I would basically have to do the same process to replace the gasket and stud bolt to the rear turbo, where did those numbers come from? Are the Instructions w/ Recommended Torq Values when taking down and reapplying the rear subframe? Gotchas to the process? Even Better, Where can I Get a Whole Book that answers all my detailed question about this and all other TM-30 topics?

Thanks in advance...

I believe SHOdded and a few other members have access to ford service manuals. That is on option. Alternatively you can get yourself the service manual, or something like a Haynes/Chilton repair manual may work as well.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

I would recommend an online subscription at Alldata, Mitchell, etc.  That way you get access to TSBs & updates also.  Otherwise you can probably grab a CD/DVD off eBay.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

Chilton Total Car Care series offers do-it-yourselfers of all levels TOTAL maintenance, service and repair information in an easy-to-use format. The Ford Taurus and Five Hundred, Mercury Montego and Sable Chilton Repair Manual covering Taurus (2008-14), Five Hundred (2005-07), Montego (2005-07) and Sable (2008-09) (Does not include information specific to 3.5L twin turbo or police models

Haynes Repair Manual - Vehicle Maintenance
Part Number: 36076
Notes: Does not include information specific to 3.5L twin turbo or police models.

What may be left out of these manuals? Im sure its not much but Id like to know...I didnt like Online options, and would rather a paperback.

2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SHOdded

The only other paper option is the Helms/factory manual AFAIK.  eBay.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!