• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Question on OBD2 Scanners

Started by Scott13SHO, July 29, 2013, 02:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

I currently have the GoPoint BT1, but every time I go to use the MPGlink App on it, I get an error telling me that I don't have a MAF?

I'm switching back over to an android based Phone and tablet in August, does the Torque app work good with our cars? Which Bluetooth enabled OBD2 sensor should I get for it?

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

crash712us

Don't know anything about the app, but your car doesn't have a MAF I do know.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Scott13SHO

Ah that would explain that! LOL
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

geswek

I'm tying not to laugh. I really am!

breeves002

Those go point apps are CRAP. Get DashCommand if you want something decent that works with iPhone/iPad.
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

Scott13SHO

Quote from: breeves002 on July 30, 2013, 03:11:17 AM
Those go point apps are CRAP. Get DashCommand if you want something decent that works with iPhone/iPad.

What about Android apps? I'm going over to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and getting a new Google Nexus 7 tablet in the next week...any have a good place to get a BT dongle that works with Torque?

breeves002

Torque is the best! Can't beat 5 bucksh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Scott13SHO

Quote from: breeves002 on July 30, 2013, 01:46:03 PM

What about a Bluetooth dongle to use with it? I know you can get them cheap off eBay but the quality is very spotty from what I gather.

jomc111

My ebay one has been perfect so far , 4dr pointed me to the one he had .

This is the one I have

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=290952350741
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

Larrylu

Quote from: Scott13SHO on July 30, 2013, 01:50:38 PM
Quote from: breeves002 on July 30, 2013, 01:46:03 PM

What about a Bluetooth dongle to use with it? I know you can get them cheap off eBay but the quality is very spotty from what I gather.

After one bad experience with a cheap one I bought an ODDLink MX. It's been great. It turns itself on and off so no battery issues and can remain plugged in, it claims to be hacker proof, 4 times faster than competitors for smooth gauge readings with no lag, nice compact size so it does not protrude annoyingly in the footwell and it works great with Torque. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

breeves002

Any cheap ELM327 works honestly. Some are better than others. There are a hundred different designs. Out of the 3 I have had, only one was really good. It's a tiny loss of under 20 bucks if it doesn't work, so its worth a try.

Scott13SHO

Quote from: breeves002 on July 30, 2013, 02:30:22 PM
Any cheap ELM327 works honestly. Some are better than others. There are a hundred different designs. Out of the 3 I have had, only one was really good. It's a tiny loss of under 20 bucks if it doesn't work, so its worth a try.

Thanks I found a few on Amazon that where pretty cheap and would be easier to return then if I got them off eBay. I"ll still have my iPad for my GoPoint BT1 if/when I need it...just didn't feel like sinking another $100 bucks or so into yet another OBD2 dongle if I didn't need too.

breeves002

I got one for $15 on Amazon that was pretty good.