• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13 Flex in Canal Winchester, OH

Started by ogp, March 07, 2017, 12:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogp

Just submitting an intro.
I've had my '13 Flex Limited ecoboost for a couple years now. It is completely stock and is mainly driven by the wife and as the family vehicle (3 kids). Perhaps when it is paid off I may mod it, but it seems perfectly fine as is and you can't make a 5k lb. vehicle much faster without spending a bit of cash (probably more than I want). I do have summer tires on the 20" rims it came with and purchased a set of used 18" factory wheels that I run snow tires on. I did install a Fumoto oil drain valve to make oil changes a bit less messy. I run a Thule Force XL when road tripping, using some aluminum crossbars I got from amazon (Rage Powersports). If I can ever find a deal on some Yakima whispbars I'd like to go with those as they look much cleaner, but my $100 bars work ok. I'm mostly a lurker and swing by here when I have maintenance issues/questions. I try to do most of my maintenance myself as long as it isn't too crazy.
My primary vehicle is a '07 Honda Civic Si sedan. I do miss a manual trans when driving the Flex, but for what it is, I can't complain and the paddle shifters are kinda fun.
2013 Ford Flex Limited ecoboost

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the EBPF OGP and due appreciate you setting up an intro and truly glad to have you on board. Z  :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: ogp on March 07, 2017, 12:49:10 PM
Perhaps when it is paid off I may mod it, but it seems perfectly fine as is and you can't make a 5k lb. vehicle much faster without spending a bit of cash (probably more than I want).

You might be surprised...you actually can make it a lot faster for not too much money.

550$ for a device and sct tune would get you at least 75 ft/lbs of torque and maybe more and you wouldnt even need the 40$ 3 bar map sensor
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Welcome aboard, OGP, glad to have you and your Flex here!  Do post pics of your rides when you can!  I also miss driving a manual ... when there's no traffic LOL!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!