• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intake?

Started by Gjkrisa, March 04, 2017, 10:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

K&n drop in, MD design cai or someone with dual intake like what Hennessey had?
Anyone know the flow charts for these?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FearlessAZ

All flow pretty similar. There was a thread that compared a couple. Can't seem to find it at the moment. It tested a few different intakes and all results we pretty close to each other on the track and the dyno. It is more of an appearance/sound factor. I personally love the look of the MDesign and went that route. Ford did a pretty decent job at making an efficient intake. Just wish it didn't have the weird bend at the beginning.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

Thank you ZSHO for posting the link to the intake info. I just got a new to me 2015 SHO and I am trying to decide which mods to buy or not buy.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

AJP turbo

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on August 25, 2017, 10:10:37 AM
Thank you ZSHO for posting the link to the intake info. I just got a new to me 2015 SHO and I am trying to decide which mods to buy or not buy.

I would at a minimum get yourself a tune. You can get a just a tune and you will be tremendously impressed with the gains. You DO NOT have to get any other modification if you don't want to...Every mod will help but it is NOT required.

Some companies will require you to follow a "staged" modification path that must be adhered to if you choose that path. Or you can get a tune for any or lack of any mods you choose and there can still be great gains.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress