• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13 Escape SEL 1.6L

Started by chucknl, March 03, 2017, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chucknl

Hello fellow Ecoboost fans,

My name is Chuck.

New to the forum, long time Ford guy. Worked as a technician in the late 90's/early 2000's at a shop then changed to Service Advisor and worked for Two Ford Dealers Between 2002-2007. I currently am a purchaser for a large construction/electrical company in IL. Are base utility fleet runs mostly Diesel Fords, with project managers running base or ecoboost F150's also, so I am always in the mix with fords etc. Also a long time gear head, still wrenching on the side, mostly on Ford, Chevy and some hondas.  I currently still own a 2001 Mustang GT Convert, lightly modded. Owned various vehicles through out the years, from Ford Probe GT / Lincoln LS with a manual transmission to other various vehicles. I bought a year ago a 2013 Escape SEL 1.6L Ecoboost. while for the base ecoboost it is impressive for such a small motor (98CC), the fuel mileage lacks when going very easy on it, especially in winter, I guess my next question is does anyone know of any decent mods to the 1.6L? I have already researched the K&N cold air intake, and they make a factory fit/look stainless cat-back exhaust but at $800+, I feel the exhaust is alittle ridiculous price for the what it really does and I am a bit afraid it will be most likely too aggressive of a sound on my escape, I want a little noise but somehow I have found on 4 cylinders its tough variance, its either quiet or complete noise. If anyone has input into the escape 1.6L , please I am always all ears.

Thank you,

Chuck
2013 Escape SEL 1.6L Ecoboost
2015 F-150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost

glock-coma

Welcome Chuck, cai and exhaust mods are really just for visual and noise fluff.
If I were you I would save the $ and purchase a tune.
Best bang for your buck.
There are several reputable tuners to purchase from. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

I think Cobb and Stratified are two wellknown tuners in the game for these EB 4bangers.  Would definitely look them up.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I would highly recommend shooting fellow member AJPTurbo a pm for a tune.

chucknl

Yeah I've worked on a fiesta ST that my buddy autocrosses with 1.6. I'm familiar with Cobb. I heard there is slight gains from the cai but none really from the exhaust. Usually you have to go turbo back for gains on exhaust though. I think AJPturbo pm'ed me, I sent him a message back inquiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucknl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk