• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Long time lurker second time poster

Started by ChrisJ, February 01, 2017, 06:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisJ

My name is a ChrisJ. I bought the car in Virginia and drove it back to my temporary home in Kentucky. I work for the DOD as a Network/Server Engineer but have been made to do this manager duty crap for the past 2 years which sucks; I am also a disabled vet. Bigtime tech nerd that plays way to much destiny on ps4 and gears of war on xbone. I am 33 years old, married, 3 kids, 2 cats and a dog. I am originally from Bullitt County but have moved around due to the military. I live in both Williamsburg, VA and Elizabethtown, KY. Some may know me from other forums as I am pretty well known in the mustang community. I stepped out of my last pony in 2010 when the car seats just didnt fit anymore. I have since drove an 08 acura tl type-s and recently picked up a 2015 sho. The sho is tastefully modified IMHO with k&n cai, 3 bar map, 170* tstat, ngk plugs, livernois catted downpipes, magnaflow catback, vta, h&r lowering springs and unleashed tune. I am here to learn more about the platform and look into other avenues that this modded family cruiser can do.
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F ChrisJ and great looking SHO you have there and best of luck and thanks for joining.  Z :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ChrisJ

Almost forgot. I also own a 2014 Dodge Durango R/T Blacktop Edition with a full flowmaster exhaust system and a drop in. The TL type-s just have a drop in K&N.
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

ChrisJ

In my spare time I like to detail cars, turn wrenches, hang with the family, build computers and play video games.

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, Chris, congrats on the new ride, and you are right, it's a sleeper, AND a beauty (insert name of Disney movie here)!  Williamsburg is an idyllic town for visitors, but I have no idea what it is like for the "locals".  In KY, you need a fast car to keep up with traffic LOL.  Fine work detailing the SHO btw.  Post some pics of your other/past rides as well if you like, we are pic hogs!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ChrisJ

Quote from: SHOdded on February 01, 2017, 07:43:59 AM
Welcome to the community, Chris, congrats on the new ride, and you are right, it's a sleeper, AND a beauty (insert name of Disney movie here)!  Williamsburg is an idyllic town for visitors, but I have no idea what it is like for the "locals".  In KY, you need a fast car to keep up with traffic LOL.  Fine work detailing the SHO btw.  Post some pics of your other/past rides as well if you like, we are pic hogs!

Williamsburg isnt bad being a local but during the summer it can get crowded. I was at Fort Meade for 2 years as well and found it way more busy of an area. Yea loads of fast cars out here in Louisville. We host the 405 guys here every year for NMRA but thats been going on long before the street outlaws show was around. Justin is from Louisville. I will dig up some past cars.

SHOdded

Glad to know another local :) and :salute: for your service.  IT can definitely sap the life out of you LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ChrisJ

There were other cars mixed in but dont feel they really need posting. Pathfinder, Expi, 3 grand cherokees, jeep commander and a few mercedes suvs.

ChrisJ

I am trying to go to either an Airaid intake setup or go back to stock with just a drop in. But dont have the stock box as it didnt come with the car. Probably do hotpipes this year.

derfdog15

Nice to see ya over here man, welcome to the forums!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ChrisJ

Quote from: derfdog15 on February 01, 2017, 08:58:03 AM
Nice to see ya over here man, welcome to the forums!

Been lurking for months LOL figured it was time.

Picked up a airaid intake from djxfactor.

MiWiAu

Welcome, Chris!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

glock-coma

Welcome Chris!!
Looks really good lowered with those factory wheels, that's the first time I've seen that combo.
Looks like you know what your doing in the detail Dept.
I think I can see MY reflection in your paint through my phone screen lol.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ChrisJ

Quote from: glock-coma on February 02, 2017, 09:56:05 AM
Welcome Chris!!
Looks really good lowered with those factory wheels, that's the first time I've seen that combo.
Looks like you know what your doing in the detail Dept.
I think I can see MY reflection in your paint through my phone screen lol.

I havent even got to correct it yet sadly. This summer I cant wait so I can put some serious time into it. Probably be a 30/40hr correction is my guess.

ChrisJ

I also hate those brake caliper covers. Just have to have time to pop the wheels off to remove them.