• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any idea what type plastic is used on the OEM PCV system plumbing tubes

Started by 6500rpm, January 22, 2017, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

Just as it states, I'd like to know what type plastic Ford used to manufacture their PCV system tubes.  It has the right quality for under hood temps and oil resistance and can be heated and bent for a cleaner catch can install look.
Also, I'm going with the RX can on a 2013 SHO. Someone posted about poor performance on their RX can on the SHO and went to Mc Nally and the findings had something to do with the location it was ported into the turbo inlet tube(s). Does anyone have a spec on how close to the turbo inlet the tap in should be?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

MiWiAu

Quote from: 6500rpm on January 22, 2017, 06:38:54 PM
Just as it states, I'd like to know what type plastic Ford used to manufacture their PCV system tubes.  It has the right quality for under hood temps and oil resistance and can be heated and bent for a cleaner catch can install look.
Also, I'm going with the RX can on a 2013 SHO. Someone posted about poor performance on their RX can on the SHO and went to Mc Nally and the findings had something to do with the location it was ported into the turbo inlet tube(s). Does anyone have a spec on how close to the turbo inlet the tap in should be?

Not sure about an actual "spec". The closer to the turbos you can get on the intake side, the higher the vacuum. On my XSport, I tapped into two places on my intake piping. On the front side, I attached to where the cleanside vent attaches using a PCV connector; the other point I used was the rear BOV port on the intake plumbing. Those two points tee together and run to one of the vacuum ports on my RX can.

The other vacuum source pulls from the side of my intake manifold.

No drilling required. :)

EDIT: not sure about the type of plastic they use in the OE PCV system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

I believe the PCVent system is made from a thin layer of PVC,a synthetic plastic polymer. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|