• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Ford Flex PTU change

Started by redneck1, January 07, 2017, 07:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck1

Well, finally got some time to change my ptu.  Big pain the tail, it helped to remove part of the exhaust.  A big thanks to all the guys that have done this in the past with all the write ups! Put in RP because that's what my local O'Reilly parts had in stock.

On a side note though, very discouraged with the way the fluid was! 20k miles and it looked like new! Light honey color, plugs pretty much clean. So it felt like a waste of time, but I have good synthetic in it now.  Have heard the horror stories and figured it'd be worse.  Glad it wasn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Ford Flex EB, AJP tuned

SHOdded

It is a good day when you get a headstart like that :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!