• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TPMS Programming Troubleshooting

Started by MiWiAu, December 30, 2016, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

No shame in asking the pros for help LOL.  I sincerely hope the product itself is good!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlueSHO

Yeah Mike no harm in calling in backup or support..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

BlueSHO

Did you ever get this figured out?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MiWiAu

Negative, ghost rider... just now picked it up from an alignment at Tires Plus and they could not get the sensors to read from either of their two scanners. I'm going to call Ford tomorrow and see what they would charge me to attempt to program them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

BlueSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 03, 2017, 08:19:58 PM
Negative, ghost rider... just now picked it up from an alignment at Tires Plus and they could not get the sensors to read from either of their two scanners. I'm going to call Ford tomorrow and see what they would charge me to attempt to program them.

Oh boy!!! Time for the big guns and hopefully not big $$$. Good luck my friend

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MiWiAu

Quote from: BlueSHO on January 03, 2017, 09:03:07 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on January 03, 2017, 08:19:58 PM

Oh boy!!! Time for the big guns and hopefully not big $$$. Good luck my friend

LOL, thanks man. If it's big $$$, I'll deal with the TPMS light until spring (and every winter after until the next time my new Blizzaks need replaced).
2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Is anyone aware of a way to clear any possible TPMS DTCs? I don't see any stored or pending codes through my standard OBDII scanner, so I assume these are stored elsewhere (BCM?) and require Ford IDS/VCM to read?

Is there a way to force-clear any stored TPMS codes without a special dealer interface, like disconnecting the battery, KAM reset, etc?
2013 XSport

tarmstrong

Ford does have two TPMS's, a 315 MHZ and a 433 MHZ.  Maybe got the wrong one?
2018 Maroon PP SHO
K&N Drop-in

Previous: 2015 Dark Side Metallic PP SHO
3 Bar, K&N, Tune

SHOdded

Fordparts.com definitely shows 315 MHz as correct for 2013 XSport.  433 is USUALLY for overseas units (such as Middle East).  Will be curious to see if the dealer concurs.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: tarmstrong on January 04, 2017, 08:04:46 AM
Ford does have two TPMS's, a 315 MHZ and a 433 MHZ.  Maybe got the wrong one?

Do you know what the frequency the 2013 Explorer is supposed to use?

I checked the imprint on the actual sensors I received, and they all read 315 MHZ, which I thought was correct, but I'm not 100% positive.

On a side note, this morning, as always, I had a flashing TPMS light that transitioned from flashing to on solid. I did a KAM reset in my driveway and no more TPMS light on my 22mi drive to work, so I think the KAM reset worked to clear any stored DTC(s). I still can't get the sensors trained with my TPMS19 tool, though, so I expect a light again sooner or later. Perhaps, though, with codes cleared, the activator tool will be able to trigger the sensors now (assuming I have the right ones, haha)...

EDIT (01/10/17): I've tried using KAM reset to clear TPMS codes a couple more times, and continue to get a flashing light. I think my above experience with losing the TPMS light after a KAM reset was coincedental.

2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Thanks, Manu. Didn't see your post before my question. :)

2013 XSport

MiWiAu

I have an appointment at the dealer for Monday afternoon. They said it would run about $50 to reprogram.

I'll let you guys know next week whether or not I get it resolved.

2013 XSport

jims2015

I've seen the oem reset tool for less than that. Ebay has some that are claimed to be oem.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

MiWiAu

Quote from: jims2015 on January 05, 2017, 11:00:55 AM
I've seen the oem reset tool for less than that. Ebay has some that are claimed to be oem.

Do you have a link? From my FSM, I cross referenced the p/n for the OEM activation tool, and it appears to have been superseded by what appears to be the ATEQ VT-30 tool. However, I cannot find it for less than $175 online.

I have the OEM Ford TPMS19 training tool that I got for ~$30, but evidently it doesn't have the ability to wake/activate new sensors, only retrain sensors to new positions that have already been paired to the BCM.

Thanks, Jim!
2013 XSport