• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hello, Lanson here

Started by Lanson, July 26, 2013, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanson

Hi guys/gals,

Mike recommended I drop in and join, even though I don't have an EB.  As an avid enthusiast of the Flex platform and most Fords, hopefully I can help out around here and learn a lot as well.

While I am by no means at all an expert on anything, I hope to share my audio builds with you all to help out others on the same path.  Also I have what my wife would say is a somewhat unhealthy obsession with perfect wheel/tire fitment, so I'll share my research into that topic as well.

Happy to be here!
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoPowerParts

Lanson is the MAN when it comes to audio and wheel/tires. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

Lanson,

Bring your rear end to PA and do my speakers and subs in my 13' SHO.

I need more BOOM BOOM when I'm cruising.

DJE624

SHOdded

You mean you need the sweet sound of something besides the engine's, geswek?  Welcome, Lanson, look forward to your ideas & mods :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Welcome aboard Lanson :hi:

Pretty to cool to have you here.....

However, I would be concerned when fellow EBPF member replied with the fact he wants you to personally visit him in PA, to provide him with some more "boom boom" in his rear.

Oh my! RUN!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BigPelo

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 26, 2013, 01:23:16 PM

with some more "boom boom" in his rear.

Looking at the right bottom picture in your signature :drooling:

And oh, welcome Lanson!
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

geswek

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 26, 2013, 01:23:16 PMHowever, I would be concerned when fellow EBPF member replied with the fact he wants you to personally visit him in PA, to provide him with some more "boom boom" in his rear.

I never once said anything about my "rear" thank you.

I do want to upgrade my speakers and put in subs.

I saw someone do the same thing with their Taurus--told the new MFT system is decent enough that we can tie amps in and get good sound.

Just part of my mod list to match the fellow awesome boobie drooping totally RAD sick inflamed crime fighter BPD.

Dujo

Read a bunch of Lanson's posts on FordFlex.net. Very knowledgeable and helpful poster. A welcome addition here imho. Welcome here to EBPF.com Lanson!

Lanson

Thanks guys/gals.

I've put up the 2010 archive build and started the 2013 ongoing build logs in the forum here.  If anybody needs to see how to install Optima batteries (or any battery that really doesn't fit the stock terminals very well), I can add the 2010 one I did.  In my 2013 audio build I've included the Optima install at the beginning.

Maybe we can start a wheel weight ongoing thread, and keep track of stuff like that.  It absolutely infuriates me that wheel weight is not a required spec on every single wheel sold.  You know the bolt pattern, offset / backspacing, diameter, etc. but actual weight is nearly impossible to find out.  A few lbs make a huge difference as some of you have already figured out.  Maybe we can make a thread that works.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

bpd1151

Quote from: geswek on July 26, 2013, 01:59:25 PMJust part of my mod list to match the fellow awesome boobie drooping, totally RAD, sick, inflamed crime fighter, BPD.

How I missed this is beyond me....

But I must say, pretty darn funny of Storm.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2