• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best oil weight for winter/all season

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, December 26, 2016, 02:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 21, 2017, 06:02:06 PM
Looks like fuel dilution is not a problem...im starting to wonder if it ever was on ecoboost....maybe someone had a bad engine and that had an oil analysis and that was considered the norm

Your fuel dilution was 75% less than what is normal
he does have the monster rx catch can though if i'm not mistaken. would be interesting to see dilution levels on OCC vs non-OCC cars as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 21, 2017, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on January 21, 2017, 06:02:06 PM
Looks like fuel dilution is not a problem...im starting to wonder if it ever was on ecoboost....maybe someone had a bad engine and that had an oil analysis and that was considered the norm

Your fuel dilution was 75% less than what is normal
he does have the monster rx catch can though if i'm not mistaken. would be interesting to see dilution levels on OCC vs non-OCC cars as well.

If you're talking about me, yes, I have a Monster RX. I dont remember how soon after my injector issue I drained my OCC, but I got about 13oz of liquid. The water on the bottom only made up about 4 oz, and the rest was a milky, stinky (like fuel) mixture. Subsequent drains have had much less fuel smell, and appears to be mostly water (with some oil/fuel on top).

Given the choice, I'd spend the $450 or so and install it again. :)
2013 XSport