• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT Advantage lll / Pro Racer Package

Started by gokart2, December 24, 2016, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gokart2

Does anyone know what are the recommended and minimum PC specs for SCT Advantage lll software? And how is the software loaded to the PC? Is it via download, USB, or DVD? Asked SCT, but they still haven't gotten back to me.

Edit: I see this should have gone elsewhere. Sorry.

MiWiAu

Quote from: gokart2 on December 24, 2016, 07:36:21 PM
Does anyone know what are the recommended and minimum PC specs for SCT Advantage lll software? And how is the software loaded to the PC? Is it via download, USB, or DVD? Asked SCT, but they still haven't gotten back to me.

I searched and couldn't find anything, either. Looking at their website, it looks like it may require a USB dongle to run. Not sure if the software is actually loaded from this as well, or if it's just required to unlock it and run the software.

You may be better off calling during their normal hours. I sent them an email, and didn't get a response after several weeks. I messaged them again, just to see if they'd reply, and I finally got a response after 2-3 weeks the second time. If you need the information soon, you'll probably get further with a phone call. Good luck!
2013 XSport

gokart2

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 25, 2016, 12:16:41 AM
Quote from: gokart2 on December 24, 2016, 07:36:21 PM

I searched and couldn't find anything, either. Looking at their website, it looks like it may require a USB dongle to run. Not sure if the software is actually loaded from this as well, or if it's just required to unlock it and run the software.

You may be better off calling during their normal hours. I sent them an email, and didn't get a response after several weeks. I messaged them again, just to see if they'd reply, and I finally got a response after 2-3 weeks the second time. If you need the information soon, you'll probably get further with a phone call. Good luck!

Yeah, seems like the next step is calling them. Was curious because I'm considering a new laptop/convertible, and needed to know whether I need a DVD drive or not. I believe the SCT USB dongle is just a software key though. Would assume  the software is downloaded via email link, cause updates via disc or USB only wouldn't make much sense.

AJP turbo

No DVD drive required...Just need a USB slot and the software is downloaded from SCT forum...Need the USB Dongle inserted while using software

I would've just called SCT instead of emailing them, they are pretty accessible via phone.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

gokart2

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 25, 2016, 11:02:13 PM
No DVD drive required...Just need a USB slot and the software is downloaded from SCT forum...Need the USB Dongle inserted while using software

I would've just called SCT instead of emailing them, they are pretty accessible via phone.

Awesome. That's what I was thinking and hoping for. Thanks for your input! :thumbsup: