• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My 2010 Grandpa blue SHO

Started by PopolZ, July 26, 2013, 09:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopolZ

That's when I picked her up at the dealership. May 4th 2012.
21700km on the clock.

First polish and wax job

After a month I bought a set of Carbotech AX-6 pads.

add another month and I contacted Torrie from Unleashed and flashed the 93 octane tune with firm shifts.

In August/September I ordered and installed a water/meth kit from Torrie.

And back in May 2013 I had a set of PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat and resonator delete.

Didn't like the sound so I had a magnaflow resonator installed. Still didn't like it because of some kind of rattling sound. I've installed a set of Dynomax mufflers. Still hating it and have that rattle. Everything is tight... No idea what I'll do about it...

And a couple of weeks ago I took care of all the chrome trim with some plastidip.

And I had to do the wheels...

:D

Next step, fixing the duty GTR  :-[ :biggrin:

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

BigPelo

Nice progress! Did you installed the water-meth injection yourself? I really want to do this upgrade but I am afraid of the work involve, possible negative outcome and such. Torrie and Livernois are both way too far from me to drive there and have them installed it.

Edit: just realized you live 40 minutes of highway from me! We should go to Napierville Dragway  :)
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

EcoPowerParts

Nice progress! I want me a GTR!!!! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

PopolZ

Quote from: BigPelo on July 26, 2013, 09:23:31 AM
Nice progress! Did you installed the water-meth injection yourself? I really want to do this upgrade but I am afraid of the work involve, possible negative outcome and such. Torrie and Livernois are both way too far from me to drive there and have them installed it.

Edit: just realized you live 40 minutes of highway from me! We should go to Napierville Dragway  :)

Yes I did it myself. It took me 5-6 hours because I had to figure out where I wanted to install the pump and the second reservoir. Had to install and remove the bumper cover quite a few times but overall it's an easy install IMO.

And I agree for Napierville even if I always have badluck there... I want to do a pass to see how slow or fast it is.

Quote from: DJE624 on July 26, 2013, 09:36:04 AM
How do you like those pads?

They sound like a freight train stopping and make more dust than a sandstorm but they do have good stopping power. I think I wasn't hard enough on them when I did the break in... they recommend doing it on a lapping day and I did it in the street.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

mjhpadi

You know I love that color, I like it even more then my red, but I can't say that I like the plasticdip...the black doesn't do anything for the blue...but that's just my taste...the meth kit looks great and a very nice job on the install!  How do you like the meth?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

PopolZ

I can say it did a noticeable difference in performance. It's worth the money.

double c

Looking good-Grandpa blue-love it.  I have one and I am an old grandpa.  Only three now that I am aware of on the forum.  Mine is #91 of 302 built. 

Like the meth install. Will just stay with 4+.  Never on the track and I could get in serious trouble on the street.

Enjoy the heck out of it.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

Larrylu

Quote from: double c on July 28, 2013, 08:43:58 PM
Looking good-Grandpa blue-love it.  I have one and I am an old grandpa.  Only three now that I am aware of on the forum.  Mine is #91 of 302 built. 

Like the meth install. Will just stay with 4+.  Never on the track and I could get in serious trouble on the street.

Enjoy the heck out of it.

Mine is number 264.

With all that black on it ....I think gramps must be getting younger and younger.  Looks pretty good in my opinion.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

PopolZ

Quote from: Larrylu on July 28, 2013, 10:28:59 PM
Mine is number 264.

With all that black on it ....I think gramps must be getting younger and younger.  Looks pretty good in my opinion.

I'm only 32  :D

Larrylu

Quote from: PopolZ on July 29, 2013, 12:10:13 AM
Quote from: Larrylu on July 28, 2013, 10:28:59 PM
Mine is number 264.

I'm only 32  :D

Well gramps must have started early then!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

PopolZ

Scott13SHO

Quote from: PopolZ on July 29, 2013, 07:27:11 AM
I only have a cat...

I have 5 and a pug..LOL I'm only going to be 39 too in December :)

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

curry67

I was thinking what is grandpa blue and then i was like oh lol Its hard to decide which is the best color Although i lean towards the black and white i find the red and bright blue really catch my eye and all the great curves

DJE624

I used to hate blue cars.  I like the blues that Ford has done lately.