• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is there ANY WAY to replace this...

Started by zstring, December 20, 2016, 11:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zstring

... without taking the whole engine apart?

http://parts.fordofkirkland.com/a/Lincoln_2011_MKT35L-EcoBoost-AWDEcoBoost/_53892_6494640/WATER-PUMP-COOLING/KG10050.html

It seems like it SHOULD just pop out... but i don't have a borescope to see if it is having any clearance issues when coming out.

repair manual might help

might be under water pump replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🎶🎶"Music is the space between the notes" 🎶🎶

MiWiAu

If nobody gets back to you sooner, I can check my shop manual when I get home this evening. It will be a little later, though. Going to see the new Star Wars tonight. ;)

I'll check back in later and post up the SM pages, if nobody has done so in the meantime.
2013 XSport

zstring

no worries... i've been working on this thing for months so... smh/lol

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

zstring

Quote from: SHOdded on December 20, 2016, 03:22:18 PM
HTH
WOW SHOdded!!!! you have EVERYTHING!!! you should just post the whole repair manual on here... this is AWESOME!

Now, all i have to do is take another 3 months to take it out! lol

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

zstring

Quote from: SHOdded on December 20, 2016, 03:41:26 PM
LOL

Well... i wasn't joking, lol

I got it out last month

But there was a hiccup... the guide u posted refers to 2 other sections... would you happen to have those too?

SHOdded

Which two sections, Z?  I will get them up on here.

salsathe4th

I just spent $1800 to get mine replaced along with the timing chain, tensioner, and tensioner arm...wasn't going to take apart my engine insides myself...

Of course Ford designed the water pump to run off the timing belt and not the serpentine belt....
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

BlueSHO

Quote from: salsathe4th on March 09, 2017, 11:14:09 PM
I just spent $1800 to get mine replaced along with the timing chain, tensioner, and tensioner arm...wasn't going to take apart my engine insides myself...

Of course Ford designed the water pump to run off the timing belt and not the serpentine belt....
How many miles were on your car when this was done?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

zstring

Quote from: salsathe4th on March 09, 2017, 11:14:09 PM

I'm actually just replacing the pipe, because i bent it up by accident

Just started working on it again... smh

Quote from: SHOdded on March 09, 2017, 02:47:02 PM
Which two sections, Z?  I will get them up on here.

battery tray removal
and
starter removal

I actually got the pipe out, but i had to go a "different" route, because the battery tray wouldn't come out... but if u (or anyone else) happens to have those sections, that would be AWESOME!

SHOdded

zstring

okay... so i pushed through my procrastination (you guys know how long my baby has been out)... buttoned everything up... and now... IT WON'T EVEN TURN OVER. Its a friggin tease!
I don't know at this point... i might just have to take it to the dealer and have them charge me $5000 to tell me i missed a cable... smh

What could cause no turn over? Starter was PERFECTLY FINE, before i started working on it. Actually was able to do the work WITHOUT removing it. I don't think it's the starter... checked fuses... all good... switched out relays, no luck... WTF?!?!?

BTW... it's a push start (as u guys probably already know) so it's not like i can even be SURE it's not the started, save bypassing everything and running 12v right to the starter... (hmmm)

SHOdded

Are you sure the battery is still good?  It may need to be pulse charged to bring it back to life.

zstring

i just realized that i WAS having a problem with starting it a while back (been so damn long... smh). Was having an issues where the terminal would have to be taken of and put back on (sometimes a couple time) before it would start... at the time i just thought it was a bad connection. So, i just sprayed it with battery cleaner, about to scrub it with a terminal brush, and then see what happens. Part of me wonders if i was starting to have starter problems anyway