• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJPTurbo boost regulator mod with EcoPowerParts charge pipes

Started by derfdog15, December 17, 2016, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

No E-xperimentation for me. This is a DD, and my wife drives it when I'm out of town for work. I worry enough that she'll put the right fuel in, so I don't want to make it any more complex for her.

I did the knock sensor wire fix early on when I was working with Torrie to try and bring down knock. No discernible difference pre/post mod for me.

I'm still happy where I'm at with my AJP tunes for a 4700lb beast (not including my flub).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 08, 2017, 08:39:57 PM
No E-xperimentation for me. This is a DD, and my wife drives it when I'm out of town for work. I worry enough that she'll put the right fuel in, so I don't want to make it any more complex for her.

I did the knock sensor wire fix early on when I was working with Torrie to try and bring down knock. No discernible difference pre/post mod for me.

I'm still happy where I'm at with my AJP tunes for a 4700lb beast (not including my flub).

Gotcha, definitely makes sense.

Also, small update, cause I got curious. The 0-60 on my multi gear pull (in 17.6 degree ambient) was 4.78 seconds, and as you can see in the attached screenshot, I was not at full boost in 1st or 2nd due to traction issues (slipped almost all the way to third). That alone tells me the car is much much quicker as it is now.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

f8tlSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 08, 2017, 10:20:50 PM

Also, small update, cause I got curious. The 0-60 on my multi gear pull (in 17.6 degree ambient) was 4.78 seconds, and as you can see in the attached screenshot, I was not at full boost in 1st or 2nd due to traction issues (slipped almost all the way to third). That alone tells me the car is much much quicker as it is now.
Yeah that traction thing sucks, I have the same problem, first gear gets jacked by traction control all the time. I wish it could be turned off by default instead of being on...

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

derfdog15

On my car (2015 Performance Package) I can turn traction all the way off. When I'm at the track, or logging in temperatures a bit warmer ~45 or higher, I turn it all the way off to keep it from cutting boost. Car still spins sometimes, but it doesn't pull power. But at temperatures cooler than that, especially below freezing, I leave it on since it is safer, and gives me a little extra safety if the car tries to kick out when I go WOT.

I think there was experimentation in the past for fully disabling traction control on the non PP cars, but I do not know where it stands.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 08, 2017, 10:30:01 PM
On my car (2015 Performance Package) I can turn traction all the way off. When I'm at the track, or logging in temperatures a bit warmer ~45 or higher, I turn it all the way off to keep it from cutting boost. Car still spins sometimes, but it doesn't pull power. But at temperatures cooler than that, especially below freezing, I leave it on since it is safer, and gives me a little extra safety if the car tries to kick out when I go WOT.

I think there was experimentation in the past for fully disabling traction control on the non PP cars, but I do not know where it stands.
believe it resulted in stealblue having to get sct's support for ecm recovery. not sure if him and brad called the experiment off after that tho. would be seriously badass if it could be accomplished though.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

AJP turbo

Just think about that for a second...4.78 seconds 0-60 in a v6 family sports sedan with an automatic and V6 engine and 4400 lbs goes in snow goes on vacation gets 25 highway...might not kill the 1/4 mile but a force at stoplights

Times are good...werent supercars dreaming of that speed 10 years ago?

Great car it is...kinda like a muscle car...fat heavy powerful and fun
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 08, 2017, 10:20:50 PM

The 4.78 seconds, did you just figure that out from the log? I have done it this way, and with an app on my phone. Unfortunately the log numbers aren't as nice as the ones from my phone. But I bet they are far more accurate. My phone says low 4's high 3's logs are high 4's..

E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.

derfdog15

Quote from: f8tlSHO on January 09, 2017, 06:16:02 AM
The 4.78 seconds, did you just figure that out from the log? I have done it this way, and with an app on my phone. Unfortunately the log numbers aren't as nice as the ones from my phone. But I bet they are far more accurate. My phone says low 4's high 3's logs are high 4's..

It is from the log, I took the MPH trace, took the first point @ 0mph right before the car starts to move, and the first point at/past 60 mph (in this case 60.12 mph I believe). The logs should be pretty accurate with regards to the times, and high 4s seems reasonable. High 3s in a 4400lb family sedan seems a little skewed.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 09, 2017, 08:55:00 AM

It is from the log, I took the MPH trace, took the first point @ 0mph right before the car starts to move, and the first point at/past 60 mph (in this case 60.12 mph I believe). The logs should be pretty accurate with regards to the times, and high 4s seems reasonable. High 3s in a 4400lb family sedan seems a little skewed.
That's exactly how I did it when I used a log

MiWiAu

Quote from: f8tlSHO on January 09, 2017, 09:03:10 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on January 09, 2017, 08:55:00 AM

That's exactly how I did it when I used a log

+2. That's how I did mine, too.

Not sure how the GPS refresh rate is on all the different phones, but I haven't had good luck with anything but steady state speed measurements on my iPhone.

2013 XSport

AJP turbo

I think the clock ticks/speed should he pretty accurate...becuase the ecu has to have an accurate time keeper for the fuel mass calculations.....it measures pounds of fuel per injection event so the values are really small

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

You guys are making me want to run home and look at a couple logs!!! Lol

derfdog15

Got hold of the dyno shop, power pulls scheduled for..... TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!!!

Plan is to run 2 pulls with Rev21, then load my "stock" tune. It won't really be stock, but it stock boost and spark, with no additional optimizations. Rear O2s are turned off and BOV stuff set up properly for my setup in the "stock tune" as well as 3 bar MAP transfer function.

This will show the gains of the boost optimization, fueling, and wastegate mod.

I am super excited!

f8tlSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 09, 2017, 06:56:40 PM
Got hold of the dyno shop, power pulls scheduled for..... TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!!!

Plan is to run 2 pulls with Rev21, then load my "stock" tune. It won't really be stock, but it stock boost and spark, with no additional optimizations. Rear O2s are turned off and BOV stuff set up properly for my setup in the "stock tune" as well as 3 bar MAP transfer function.

This will show the gains of the boost optimization, fueling, and wastegate mod.

I am super excited!
Subscribed!!! Can't wait to see results

AJP turbo

Looking forward to it!...your stock pull will be a little higher than normal though....since you are catless and will likely have 0 knock retard and be running the full amount allowed of spark advance because of the e20 in the tank

But it will still be nice to see what the boost, spark and throttle optimization yields

You need no hookups if they ask...no boost or wideband most shops charge for wideband hookup

F8tlsho you and derf's tunes are extremely close to eachother if memory serves me....so maybe this will serve as a decent approximation for you

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress