• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJPTurbo boost regulator mod with EcoPowerParts charge pipes

Started by derfdog15, December 17, 2016, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 02, 2017, 04:24:24 PM
Quote from: derfdog15 on January 02, 2017, 04:06:37 PM
For anyone interested, I have absolutely no DTC codes. After driving the car 1100 or so miles from sunny 81 degree florida to 30 degree indiana, through rain and obnoxious traffic at points, I believe we can say that the OE BOVs can be successfully removed.

Nicely done, guys! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to take a moment to give a major shout out to AJPTurbo (Brad) for his help and tuning. He sent me a tune for the pipes and wastegate mod during promptly, and sent another utilizing the boost regulator mod during my trip after I sent him my first set of logs. But mostly for his knowledge and getting me all set without DTCs.

Also thanks for Mike @ EcoPowerParts for the chargepipes/hotpipes and answering a few of my dumb questions.

Thanks to everyone else for the support and ideas. If anyone else decides to take on this endeavor I am more than happy to help in any way I can.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Quote from: glock-coma on December 29, 2016, 12:34:53 AM

Sorry, this is a off topic, but are there transfer functions like this available for the 2-bar MAP and 3-bar TIP sensor (AA5Z-9F479-B, CX2231)? I was digging through my FSM, but couldn't seem to find one. If these are in the FSM, under what section are you finding them?

2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

2013 XSport

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

MiWiAu

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 05:58:24 PM
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/motorcraft/OBDSM1404.pdf

Not sure if this will work...obd for gas 2014
Page 147 and 150 has the tip sensor and map sensor range

Yep! Worked great! I also found the OBD document for 2013 Gas, probably mostly the same. Thanks, guys! :)
2013 XSport

SHOdded

check to see if the F150 is any different may not be perfect for what you want, but ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on January 02, 2017, 06:49:50 PM
check to see if the F150 is any different may not be perfect for what you want, but ...

I don't think I need anything for the F150, since I have an Explorer? Maybe I'm missing something, but for MY2013, I only see Diesel, Gasoline, HEV, and Fiesta. I didn't see a separate OBD manual for different gas engines. Looks like all the gas stuff is in one resource?

I'm not sure what I need yet, just gathering resources to assist in my plunge into the unknown (to me) world of Advantage III. ;) I assume one of the first things I'll need to figure out is updating my OE tune for a 3-bar MAP.

If (when) I have further questions, I'll start a separate thread, so this one doesn't go off into the weeds. I have a feeling I'm about to become Artax in the Swamp of Sadness. LOL

2013 XSport

AJP turbo

I thought thats what you were after lol....ill email you some things later....but the transfer function is not what you need...you need to make sure you have calibrator level access...you may need to email or call sct

Go to speed density,scalar, and make the map slope and intercept values the same as TIP slope ans intercept

Its only 2 values that need changed for a 3 bar sensor
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

MiWiAu

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 07:21:54 PM
I thought thats what you were after lol....ill email you some things later....but the transfer function is not what you need...you need to make sure you have calibrator level access...you may need to email or call sct

Go to speed density,scalar, and make the map slope and intercept values the same as TIP slope ans intercept

Sweet, thanks! I figured it might end up being some sort of copy/paste of TIP values. I'm still waiting on my dongle, so I'll check on the calibrator access when I get it in the mail, presumably some time this week.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled boost regulator discussion!
2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 02, 2017, 07:34:12 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 07:21:54 PM

Sweet, thanks! I figured it might end up being some sort of copy/paste of TIP values. I'm still waiting on my dongle, so I'll check on the calibrator access when I get it in the mail, presumably some time this week.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled boost regulator discussion!
X2 MiWiAu and lets due stick to the topic on hand and resume our scheduled boost regulator discussion,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Colorado-SHOBro

Didn't want to digress this thread anymore so i created a new post regarding access to the ObD manuals. any info is appreciated!
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7250.0.html
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

derfdog15

A snippit back on topic: Here is a screen grab of the log from the milti gear WOT pull I did last night.

Key for clarity:

Stair step in blue is gear
Mostly flat blue line is TIP desired
Magenta is TIP
Orange is MAP
The leftover blue line is Fuel Rail Pressure

Once we finish the revs to account for addition of these mods (possibly add a bit more boost) I'll post up some full logs.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

MiWiAu

Just curious, derf, what's your TIP dsd for that snippet? I assume the scale is slightly different from the MAP displayed on your chart? Are you still working with the 17.40 PSI wastegate spring combo?
2013 XSport

derfdog15

TIP desired is at 204.73 kpa I believe. The scales are all a bit different it seems on livelink.

Still on the 17.4 psi wastegate spring, correct.

Commanded boost is righty abroind 15 psi right now but it may be possible to bump it a bit based on the recent mods!