• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJPTurbo boost regulator mod with EcoPowerParts charge pipes

Started by derfdog15, December 17, 2016, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f8tlSHO

ok guys, seems to be working now. it is starting to leak at 28.3psi including atmosphere pressure. needs fine tuned, but i have a good feeling about this.
here is a log to peek at. couldnt do a full ajp log,too much traffic.
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

derfdog15

Looking pretty good f8tlSHO!

I got a log this weekend of my car, in warmer weather, so I thought I would share. Fuel pressure looks better, so I think I will be able to go up a spring for the drag track, once I get a time on the current setup.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

f8tlSHO

here is a log with 3 pulls on it. the first pull had a spike of about 232kpa ,i opened the mbc a little,the last 2 look pretty steady right around 200kpa. the gate opened in between shifts and faded back to closed. i am no expert looking at logs,anyone see anything funky?
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

2013blksho

i have a quick question... i understand why you guys are using a waste gate to regulate, does that mean that the stock waste gates do not function properly in order to keep fuel spikes and irregularboost levels or is it juat not a tunable with only the stock qaste gates... all i know is that i cant stand when the throttle blade closes during a pull.  like a brick wall.

derfdog15

Quote from: 2013blksho on April 19, 2017, 08:14:51 AM
i have a quick question... i understand why you guys are using a waste gate to regulate, does that mean that the stock waste gates do not function properly in order to keep fuel spikes and irregularboost levels or is it juat not a tunable with only the stock qaste gates... all i know is that i cant stand when the throttle blade closes during a pull.  like a brick wall.

Stock gates work exactly as designed. The regulator mod (added wastegate) only functions to keep boost from spiking on shifts, and allowing for the throttle to stay open. It actually keeps fuel pressure in check better than the OE system with throttle closing does IMO.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

MiWiAu

^What derf said. This mod does not affect the function of the OE wastegates.

This mod is adding an additional wastegate in a non-traditional function (intake tract rather than exhaust).

This allows the throttle blade to stay fully open, and when the TIP spikes during a shift, the extra pressure bleeds out of the intake wastegate rather than being forced into the intake (or closing the throttle blade, as is done to control boost spikes without the mod).

In this application, the intake wastegate functions more or less, kinda-sorta like a BOV (but not quite, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

2013blksho

ok yes... i do understand... i have been reading on this for to long and wonderer if it was only for spikes.  brad and i juat started tuning and so far it great. compaired to a canned tune WOW. we will see where it goes!!!

jbeez

Think this would work for the wastegate flange to weld to noisemaker eliminator pipe? Tial makes an actual 38mm aluminum flange kit says 38mm,

http://www.jegs.com/i/TiAL-Sport/768/004809/10002/-1
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

derfdog15

Quote from: jbeez on July 29, 2017, 02:34:20 PM
Think this would work for the wastegate flange to weld to noisemaker eliminator pipe? Tial makes an actual 38mm aluminum flange kit says 38mm,

http://www.jegs.com/i/TiAL-Sport/768/004809/10002/-1

It may work, and I don't recall if that was available when I did mine a while back. However, the gasket for the Vband ma cause some issue, and you would need to verify that the two sides of the vband flange will be compatable, as not all vband flanges are milled to the same specs. I would call TiAL and ask, as when I did so, I was told they had nothing that would mate.

jbeez

I emailed them, I can't seem to find their phone number. THe website contact info only shows a fax number and it just whistles at me when I call. I whistled back but I think it cursed me out.
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

SHOdded

LOL, need to practice that whistle i guess!  Will see if a phone no exists.

CONTACT DETAILS

Address:
TiAL Sport
450 S. Shiawassee St.
Owosso, MI 48867

Fax: 989-729-9973

For Sales Questions Email Us At:  sales@tialsport.com
For Technical Support Email Us At:  tech@tialsport.com
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

OK may have found a solution for a mount, working on it. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

jbeez

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on July 31, 2017, 08:39:44 PM
OK may have found a solution for a mount, working on it. :)

hope your solution doesn't involve TiAL, they just got back to me:

"Hello,

Being it is a wastegate and not a bypass valve, we do not make a alum flange for this unit, nor will the QRJ flange work.  You would have to mimic the flange in the box on a lathe or find someone that makes it, which there are a few out there that do.

Best Regards"

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

jbeez

Quote from: ddlopes on August 05, 2017, 05:25:06 PM
I had a flange made...
Local place to you or online?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk