• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-to" Properly Clean / Recharge Your K&N Airfilter

Started by 14SHOCAR, December 11, 2016, 11:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Finally -- back at it again... made a video on how to properly clean a K&N Air Filter. I know this isn't rocket science, however, I know when I first started with cars at 16, I know I over oiled the filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-PnwqTP4M

Enjoy!
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

slurppie

Good video. I go a step further and after oiling, attach my filters to my shop  vac and put a used dryer vent at the end of the hose to capture any excess oil. Let the vac run for 5min and then install in my car.

Yeah I might be a little OCD....

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

14SHOCAR

Quote from: slurppie on December 12, 2016, 02:29:44 PM
Good video. I go a step further and after oiling, attach my filters to my shop  vac and put a used dryer vent at the end of the hose to capture any excess oil. Let the vac run for 5min and then install in my car.

I used to fan dry the filter too, but I figured people would try short cutting the dry time. It's VERY important to let the filter dry. As per the oil, I ran the car hard after I put the filter back on from this video. Recently, I took the filter off to sell it, and I had no oil in the intake tube. I figure it was a success :)
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

lsfox86

2015 - LMS tune - 160 thermostat - Borla cat back - K&N drop in - HID headlights/fogs - K40 radar