• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

'13 SHO in CO

Started by B. Rock, December 05, 2016, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B. Rock

Hi all, picked up a '13 SHO base model (non-pp, no sunroof, no advanced package) about 6 weeks ago out in CO where turbos rule the land.  Had a '94 SHO MTX back in high school/college and needed a larger domestic 4 door for work, so this was really the only answer.  Dabbling with a bunch of other vehicles at the moment, '96 Land Cruiser, '82 TDI converted Adventurewagen, the wife's '09 A6 avant with the 3.0T, and a couple others.  Plan is to leave the vehicle stock and get it up to snuff - it came from the midwest so I need to do some rust abatement on the subframes, rear brake pads, and a PTU fluid change.  From there, evaluate a tune once the warranty runs out.

'13 SHO
'09 A6 Avant
'96 FZJ80

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F B.Rock and definitely post some pic's of the new ride and regarding your other post that pipe you referenced to seems to be part of the heater core and IMO would not insulate that pipe because Ford sometimes leaves it open for a reason and best of luck to ya and thanks for joining. Z  :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Welcome, B. Rock, congrats on the new ride, and glad to have another Gen 2 SHO owner here :)  Quite an eclectic collection of vehicles you have, but the stunt bike doesn't seem to be on the list!  Post pics of your projects if you like in this subforum
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,133.0.html

Get all the fluids done to get a great start with this SHO!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on December 05, 2016, 04:17:06 PMQuite an eclectic collection of vehicles you have, but the stunt bike doesn't seem to be on the list!

Ha! Oh Manu...... are you longing for the days of Evil Kneivel to resurface?

Lol.

Welcome aboard there BRock. It's previous GEN SHO owners such as yourself, that I, and all the other subsequent GEN4, & 5 owners have to be thankful for, for setting the trends back in the day.

As Z & SHOdded have suggested, pics of the current whip are appreciated and fluid changes are an absolute necessity at a minimum!

Enjoy the newest SHO fo sho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 05, 2016, 04:26:31 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on December 05, 2016, 04:17:06 PMQuite an eclectic collection of vehicles you have, but the stunt bike doesn't seem to be on the list!

Ha! Oh Manu...... are you longing for the days of Evil Kneivel to resurface?
U know it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

welcome B. rock! nice to see another CO sho around. what part of town you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

B. Rock

Thanks for the welcome.  I do miss the gen 2, namely the fact that it was a 5 spd, but not so much the trans that shot a pin through its case.  No, the 'stunt bike' isn't listed but mtb riding/racing is the primary hobby, with vehicle tinkering a close 2nd. Ski season is quickly approaching so I'll make sure to get some pics of the pearl white in the snow.

8nutz8 I'm in Westminster, but do try to make regular appearances at the monthly cars and coffee (first saturday of the month) that just got moved to Hagerty's in Golden if you ever are out that way. There's usually a FoST and FiST presence and occasionally a way cool SHOgun - but otherwise no other SHOs.
'13 SHO
'09 A6 Avant
'96 FZJ80

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: B. Rock on December 06, 2016, 11:16:17 AM
Thanks for the welcome.  I do miss the gen 2, namely the fact that it was a 5 spd, but not so much the trans that shot a pin through its case.  No, the 'stunt bike' isn't listed but mtb riding/racing is the primary hobby, with vehicle tinkering a close 2nd. Ski season is quickly approaching so I'll make sure to get some pics of the pearl white in the snow.

8nutz8 I'm in Westminster, but do try to make regular appearances at the monthly cars and coffee (first saturday of the month) that just got moved to Hagerty's in Golden if you ever are out that way. There's usually a FoST and FiST presence and occasionally a way cool SHOgun - but otherwise no other SHOs.
Cool we're neighbors! I'm in Arvada and my daughter goes to school in Westminster. I'd love to do a cars and coffee. They still do it during the winter?
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

14SHOCAR

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

B. Rock

Quote from: 8nutz8 on December 06, 2016, 08:35:55 PM
Quote from: B. Rock on December 06, 2016, 11:16:17 AM

Cool we're neighbors! I'm in Arvada and my daughter goes to school in Westminster. I'd love to do a cars and coffee. They still do it during the winter?

Sort of, although attendance is significantly reduced.  I didn't go this past month when it was 14*F but with CO winters who knows what Jan/Feb will look like.
'13 SHO
'09 A6 Avant
'96 FZJ80