• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First attempt at datalogging

Started by SHOwoosh, November 24, 2016, 02:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOwoosh

Well thanks to all the awesome tutorials and info on this forum from some truly good people I have attempted my first datalogs. Only used the x4 and everything seemed to go pretty smooth. So for your enjoyment, perusal or just something to waste some time here they are. Torries base 93 tune. Feel free to critique or offer some suggestions. I ran 2 logs in one file and separated them out. Also included the full file which has an aborted run due to too much wheel spin. Other than that I have no idea what I'm looking at.  Enjoy and hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
2011 SHO PP fully loaded.

Uleashed 93 3bar. Stock everything else. Best run 12.88

Now AJP 3bar still all stock otherwise. Times to come

SHOdded

Thanks for sharing, SHOwoosh!  Always fun to dissect away the fun of driving LOL!  Happy Thanksgiving!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

It really does.. next thing you know, the data logging is more fun than the driving..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SHOdded

The numbers will drown you faster than you can take on water, so beware!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOwoosh

Yeah thought it would be more difficult than it was. I noticed on my latest revisions from Torrie that I'm getting some part throttle knock showing at low rpm with about 1/3 throttle. Full throttle is fine though. I'll post some more logs when I get home for anyone that wants to have a looksie.

derfdog15

I would say some part throttle, or even WOT knock is O.K (3 degrees at max), especially depending on how your spark control is set up. For my car, under part throttle/cruise I have 40+ degrees of spark advance. When going WOT or tip in, and commanding more load, this is a bit more spark than the engine desires, so there is some slight knock retard at times to bring spark down to where it needs to be (for me at WOT about 20-25 degrees depending on conditions).
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOwoosh

It was showing up to 6 on the knock sensor on the second revision at part throttle low rpm. Like just dipping in to pass on the highway. Torrid wanted some stock tune logs to compare so I went stock for a week. Amazing how bad the car felt after being tuned. I'm at work right now but will post up a few logs in the am.

SHOwoosh

Here's the logs. It seems to happen around 1/3 throttle and 1.3+ load. knock under full throttle doesn't go over 3 so... we'll se what Torrie says after I send him the logs.

SHOdded

What is the maintenance history on your SHO?  If the knock is consistently in the same place, probably not the knock sensor wiring chafing, but worth a check.  Also check misfire counts if that is available.  Maybe there is one cylinder having an issue with a spark plug / coil pack / fuel injector etc.

Frozen Blue

Sorry I'm a little off topic. Does anyone know if you can use the X4 to log the stock tune?
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
Powerstop Z23 rotors/pads
LMS v10

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Frozen Blue on December 15, 2016, 10:48:20 AM
Sorry I'm a little off topic. Does anyone know if you can use the X4 to log the stock tune?
Yes. It just reads data from the various sensors in the car, doesn't matter what tune you have, stock or otherwise.

SHOwoosh

Quote from: SHOdded on December 15, 2016, 07:12:44 AM
What is the maintenance history on your SHO?  If the knock is consistently in the same place, probably not the knock sensor wiring chafing, but worth a check.  Also check misfire counts if that is available.  Maybe there is one cylinder having an issue with a spark plug / coil pack / fuel injector etc.

Got the car 2yrs ago with 18k miles just turned 36k. Since then pezoil plat. oil changes every 4-5k. Changed plugs to the ngk Torrie sells   and added tune a yr ago. No misfires show on logs though and everything was clean and dry around plugs.

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOwoosh on December 15, 2016, 05:56:00 AM
Here's the logs. It seems to happen around 1/3 throttle and 1.3+ load. knock under full throttle doesn't go over 3 so... we'll se what Torrie says after I send him the logs.

Do you hear any audible knock when the +KR readings manifest?

Personally, I wouldn't give the KR reading in your rev1knock log a second thought; it's pretty benign. The big spike and long ramp down to zero on the rev2knock log is interesting, but not necessarily concerning.

I may very well be wrong, but I was under the impression that KR is fairly normal under partial throttle, since the ECU is trying to maximize fuel efficiency. All your fueling (lambse) looks lean, too, which I believe is also normal under partial throttle.

It would be interesting to see, if you can get into a high KR state like the first one in your rev2knock log, nail the throttle and go WOT (assuming it's safe to do so), and see if your KR comes back down. You should also see lambse drop down to around 0.8 or so as the fuel mixture richens. If KR drops quickly under WOT, then I'd guess that those spikes you're seeing under partial throttle is probably the computer adjusting for fuel efficiency.
2013 XSport

StealBlueSho

I don't believe Torrie makes any changes changes to part throttle operation besides the transmission. At least it didn't appear that way when I was tuned and other ecoboosters have said the same thing.

And the stock mappings utilize the knock sensor constantly...