• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil drain plug, 3.5 x sport

Started by Randy Stinchcomb, November 13, 2016, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Stinchcomb

Ne1 know if the drain plug iz 12mm or 14mm ir?? Thread size, wanted toget a magnetic one 

SHOdded

Isn't OEM magnetic?
DRAIN PLUG - 2015 FORD EXPLORER (9L8Z6730A)

Fordpartsgiant.com says it's an M12, not sure if that helps you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

That looks just like the one in my MKS, but it does not seem to be magnetic.  Doesn't stick to anything.  Guess it could have lost its magnetism?

I like the looks of the ones in the link below, but haven't tried them personally.
http://goldplug.com/shop/ap04/

Have Spoon brand drain plugs (motor & tranny) on our Fit and they are similar to those with an exposed high power magnet.  Most of the auto parts store magnetic drain plugs are really weak.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Randy Stinchcomb

Just an FYI for others, the drain plug was 15mm socket and 12mm x 1.75 thread. I ended up buying a magnetic 1 at advance, $4.98, it now takes a 13mm socket/wrench and I had to buy 1 of those cup type filter removal tools as the dealership had that filter soooo tight, none of my conventional ones would budge it 😠

SHOdded

Cool :thumb:  I sure hope the oil filter gasket came off with the filter, sometimes there have been issues and people end up doublegasketing which causes leaks.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Randy Stinchcomb

Were Good, always check for that, thanks.