• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalog from X4 to unmarried vehicle.

Started by derfdog15, November 09, 2016, 07:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Hey guys,

I have an SCT X4 that I purchased to tune the SHO, and the datalogging capability vs. older SCT (like the X3 I have for my 03 Mustang) is amazing (as anyone with it probably knows).

I am just wondering if anyone has used an X4 to datalog on a vehicle which it wasn't married to, as I am thinking of using the X4 to log my mustang canned tune, I never logged on the mustang prior due to not wanting to deal with the procedure as it seemed like a pain to have to keep a laptop connected. I would still need to set up the analog connection for the wideband, but that would be worth it (I assume the cable I bought intending to log with the X3 will work the same on the X4, as it is livewire on the end that goes into the programmer, and has the necessary power, signal, etc. on the other end).

Any info that you guys can provide would be awesome. I was planning to dyno tune the mustang once its done, but that is about 3x as expensive as remote tuning it (but I need to be able to reliably, and easily, log to do it remote).

Even if I did dyno tune it, I would still want to be able to log in different ambient conditions, etc. for safety.

Thanks guys!

(if it can log other vehicles, I also want to get some logs of my dads 2011 F150 Ecoboost, to see how they differ (stock baseline) from the SHO, and make sure everything is in working order with his truck. 
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

I was able to data log my other fords even though my sctx4 was married to the SHO. Just couldn't tune them...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 09, 2016, 07:44:26 PM
I was able to data log my other fords even though my sctx4 was married to the SHO. Just couldn't tune them...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Perfect, exactly what I was needing to know. Thanks! I have the X3 to tune the mustang, so thats no issue, and my dad refuses to let me mod the F150 so long as its his, so no tuner needed for it...
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car