• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque plugins

Started by adelsin, July 23, 2013, 09:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelsin

No promises yet....

But Im going to try to work with torque to get some plugins going that are ecoboost driven. Right now, I plan on breeaking this android and java cherry on getting conditional alarms to spawn.

Looked over torques site and seems straightforward.  The PIDs are open everywhere, so sitting in andd monitoring conditions should be a breeze and then spawn an audio file when triggered.

Let you know if its not as easy as it sounds.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

adelsin

Being new to Java and Android development in general, I do present news after 2 hours of poking it.

GOOD: I got it to send the notification based on hard coded triggers.
    - I set the trigger for GPS speed greater than 0 and to beep 1000 (I still can't find the main function of how the plugin cycles, and I'm afraid I wont) But I did find the cycling service. And it will beep every 1000 cycles. I'm just guessing at this point that 1 cycle is a millisecond.

BAD: Its not pretty... just raw data as I just modified the Torque Scan application.
    - I set it to run in the background. So you just need to click on the plugin. After you click on the plug, you can then goto realtime information and it will still send the notification sound.
    - Since it would be running in the background, I don't know if I can change screen colour. If that is imperative to you Mike, let me know and I'll dig deeper. But it is super annoying!

Next Step: Figure out how to give it input so I don't have to hardcode the crap. :/ I'll have to learn more about Android interfaces and variable passings.

It's a quarter after 2, I have work in a few hours, I should sleep.

Embracing insomnia one variable at a time,
Tad

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

jdeprato

I've done some Android development in the past. Let me know if you need some assistance.
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)

adelsin

Beta is tailored for Mike.
Throttle >= 80%
Boost >= 8 psi
AFR >= 12:1

Install from Unknown Sources needs to be enabled.
UsB debugging needs to be enabled.

Runs in background, so will have to kill with Taskmgr. :)

To launch, open Torque, and then click on Torque Beep. Once it open, you can click back and go look at other stuff. Sends your notification sound file when conditions are met.

Tested with three different variables but these variables shouldn't be an issue.

EcoPowerParts

HUGE storm just rolled in, I'll have to play with it tomorrow :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

adelsin

Ours is on the way too... suppose to be the biggest of this season. Good luck, hope you dont live near dirt. I maybe driving the Tahoe tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2