• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Victory Octane

Started by ecoboostsho, October 25, 2016, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

Thought I'd throw out a post on what kept me pretty busy this summer.  It did unfortunately keep me from driving my SHO much and I was pretty absent from this forum as a result, although I did lurk quite a bit. Beside the SHO my other love is motorcycles.  My previous bike was a Honda VTX 1800 that I rode for about 10 years - well this spring I decided to pick up a new 2017 Victory Octane.  It's a lot smaller and lighter than my previous cruiser, however it is faster and handles better.  I was honestly looking at a Ducati Diavel but after realizing my wife probably wouldn't ever ride on the back of it and the fact that it costs nearly twice what the Octane cost me sealed the deal and I opted for the Octane.  It's got about 104 HP at the crank stock and weighs about 530 lbs so it was already decently quick (mid to low 12's if launched properly) but we wouldn't be on this forum if we liked things stock now would we...  I ended up putting a Bassani 2-1 exhaust, a custom air intake, and a Power Commander V which I then had Dyno Tuned.  I haven't had it at the track yet but it beats the SHO handily and a similar setup ran mid 11's at the track.  It's a ton of fun although a very different ride then my last bike.  It certainly isn't a sport bike either but for me a solid compromise that I am very happy with.

The one thing I don't like is you can't really access the CAN bus so no fancy digital gauges yet :(

It's current state...

Right after I brought it home and introduced it to the SHO

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

I think we are missing some sound and video clips, no? :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Definitely a cool   8) bike Dave,enjoy.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ecoboostsho

Thanks for the compliments guys. 

Well I could certainly post one but honestly every Clip I've ever heard sounds less than awesome unless you are in person. I can say with the exhaust on it the sound is absolutely awesome. It's a deep base note with an almost magical harmony/resonance to it that just begs you to go faster...

It makes up for my waaay to quiet car. :)

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Brucelinc