• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Denso ITV22 plugs installed

Started by metroplex, November 13, 2016, 08:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroplex

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 13, 2016, 04:16:03 PM
Its not quite 15.5 psi but close...at about 206 kpa the voltage is saturated so thats about 15.18 psi and if you are only spiking slightly over that then i would iust let the stft's add the fuel...you could handle 16 psi no problem for spikes although not ideal

And its not the slope and offset values as metroplex suggests that need changed but the slope and intercept values for the map sensor.....there is no such scalar for the tip or map sensor

The offset values are for the fuel model for the curve not the sensors themselves

When I ran the 18 psi tune with the 2-bar MAP, my manifold absolute pressure (subtracting the barometric pressure reading from the car) pegged out at 15.5 psi. I could use a blanket 14.7 psi for 1 atm, but I always use the barometric PID in my custom math parameters when calculating relative MAP boost. The baro PID ranges from 14.2 to 14.5 depending on the actual ambient barometric pressure reading. Theoretically, 1 atm is about 14.7 psi, 101.3 kpa, or 29.92 inHg

SCT probably names the scalar values differently from HP Tuners, but here's my 3-bar MAP sensor setting in HP Tuners: MAP Slope, MAP Offset, TIP Slope, TIP Offset

I know what AJP is talking about, the speed density has different settings for each of the mapped points, which include offset and slope as well as quadratic, maximum load, and blowthrough slope. That's not what I'm referring to with the 3-bar MAP, all you need to do with the 3-bar MAP is copy the TIP Slope and TIP Offset over to the MAP slope and MAP offset values. SCT may refer to the offset as intercept, but it's basically 2 scalar values total.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport