• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 XSport Tuning

Started by MiWiAu, October 24, 2016, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

I posted dyno results (stock) and a couple of data logs in the Dyno Results forum, but haven't gotten any feedback regarding my questions on a power dip around 4800RPM. I'm hoping someone here can offer up some suggestions as to what might be going on and/or if this is normal with the OE tune. I've seen baseline runs for a 2014 XSport (which produced almost identical peak numbers), but it did not have a dip in the HP/torque numbers as mine does.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6919.0.html

I've since added 170 t-stat, AEM filter, 1-step cooler plugs, and 3-bar map, and I'm running Torrie's V1 87-octane performance tune. I'll be sending him some data logs soon to start in on my tune revisions.

Thanks!
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Most likely a loss of traction causing boost to be cut?  IDK, AJP can shed more light on that for sure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Hmm, I suppose that could be. Unfortunately, I don't have any data logs from the actual dyno pulls.

The graph I posted was on a Mustang dyno with linked rollers. All three pulls had drops in the same general area.

I also ran a day prior on an unlinked Dynojet inertia dyno in FWD only (tech pulled a bunch of underhood fuses to disable rear drive).

I suppose if the on-road data logs look normal, then I'll just move on. I'll be sure to data log any future Unleashed tunes on the dyno.  Thanks, SHOdded. :)
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Def datalog and post.  There might be a factor unique to the XSport involved, although I'd think the 2013 MY code would be sorted by now ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

I've attached my first data log with the Unleashed 87 octane, 3bar, 170 tstat tune (V1). I'll be shooting this over to Torrie for review. This is 0-100MPH WOT with 87 octane fuel

First couple seconds are on a bit of a downhill, which is why (I suspect) the acceleration is a little steeper.

Mods are: AEM drop-in filter, 3 Bar MAP, 170 t-stat, NGK 6510 plugs
2013 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

I don't know if my livelink is broke or what but it I don't see any WOT fuel enrichment?

MiWiAu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 24, 2016, 07:25:15 PM
I don't know if my livelink is broke or what but it I don't see any WOT fuel enrichment?

Which PID are you looking at? This is all new to me, so I'll probably ask some stupid questions along the way. ;)

The config file I'm running is direct from Torrie; all I did was add "Boost in PSI" to what he sent me.

Thanks for looking so quickly. :)
2013 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

Lambse (commanded Lambda)
Measured AFR

You have no power enrichment happening AT ALL!

I would stay out of WOT until that is sorted.

MiWiAu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 24, 2016, 07:34:01 PM
Measured AFR

Thanks, FoMoCoSHO! I will take it easy for sure. Do you happen to have a link to a data log that is a good example of what I should expect to see for these lambse vs measured afr values? I pulled up my data logs from the OE tune (4th gear pulls) and saw similar lambse cycles between 0.99 and 1.01 under WOT. Is this indicative of a separate underlying issue, since I had a similar reading from my OE tune?

On a side note, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any suggested readings to learn up on this stuff?
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Dont tuners aim for 0.8 at WOT

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on October 24, 2016, 09:15:31 PM
Dont tuners aim for 0.8 at WOT

.8 is what is targeted in my tunes I believe. Stock targets even richer, I believe .75 or so, based on my stock logs.

.99-1.01 at WOT is very very wrong, on tip-out maybe, as it should return to stoich, after a brief lean period, but not on tip in/ WOT.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

FoMoCoSHO

I've tested .80. .82, .85, and currently .83.

Both of mine were in the .76-.78 range on the stock tune.

Since it is apparently in your stock logs as well, it sounds like there is an underlying issue that is not related to the Unleashed tune.

It will be interesting to see if there is something wrong with your stock tune.

I would pump that thing full of 93 and baby it until you figure out whats going on.

Can you post the stock logs?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on October 24, 2016, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 24, 2016, 07:34:01 PM
Measured AFR

Thanks, FoMoCoSHO! I will take it easy for sure. Do you happen to have a link to a data log that is a good example of what I should expect to see for these lambse vs measured afr values? I pulled up my data logs from the OE tune (4th gear pulls) and saw similar lambse cycles between 0.99 and 1.01 under WOT. Is this indicative of a separate underlying issue, since I had a similar reading from my OE tune?

On a side note, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any suggested readings to learn up on this stuff?
I'd start in the datalogging and fuels section.

MiWiAu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 24, 2016, 09:59:43 PM

Since it is apparently in your stock logs as well, it sounds like there is an underlying issue that is not tune related.

I would pump that thing full of 93 and baby it until you figure out whats going on.

My first post here links back to my dyno sheet and two 4th gear logs with the OE tune. I just topped off with 87 today, so it will be end of the week before I can get 93 in it. :/
2013 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on October 24, 2016, 10:04:52 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 24, 2016, 09:59:43 PM

Since it is apparently in your stock logs as well, it sounds like there is an underlying issue that is not tune related.

My first post here links back to my dyno sheet and two 4th gear logs with the OE tune. I just topped off with 87 today, so it will be end of the week before I can get 93 in it. :/

Your stock tune looks to be commanding .70

Pull it up in livelink and select uncheck all. Select RPM and remove ambient air and find the first pull and then hit the collapse y axis button until you can see the entire pull in the view. Collapse the x axis or just click on Rpm again to scale the X. Add Lambse bank 1 and measured afr bank 1 and you can see it clearly.

Lambse is what the ECM is commanding, measured is actual.