• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Update Sync (2010-2012)

Started by peppelepugh, October 20, 2016, 01:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppelepugh

Long time no see guys!  I'm sitting on version 3.0x on my Ford Sync w/navigation.  Currently version 9.0x is out, which includes an update to the maps, gracenote, and software.  Has anyone out there upgraded their systems and could they give me some feedback to as if it IS or IS NOT worth the upgrade for $150?

Thanks!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOdded

Welcome back, stranger!  How are the brakes working out?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

peppelepugh

Quote from: SHOdded on October 20, 2016, 03:59:02 PM
Welcome back, stranger!  How are the brakes working out?

Oh they're holding up. right front squeals a bit when it's hot out. but i'm not losing sleep over it!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

Quote from: ZSHO on October 21, 2016, 08:14:47 AM
X2 Welcome back indeed.  Z :)

3 months working in canada.... leaves very little free time, especially when your SHO is at the airport.....

bpd1151

Welcome back indeed!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

Current version of sync is 4.6 but that update was pulled due to installation problems. I have been trying to find a copy of 4.4 with no luck and haven't had the free time to go to the dealership to upgrade the sync.

If you town has had a lot of road improvements, I would say go for it. Here in Phoenix, we have had quite a bit of new roads and highways built since 2010 and I could benefit from it. I just haven't been able to justify that high of a price tag for that when I can easily use Google Maps on my phone for free.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

AJP turbo

What does sync have to do with the roads?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FearlessAZ

He is talking about the navigation package update. My talk about sync update was just relative to the version number. I am sure that package has a completely different software version all together. Peppel mentions  sync but was probably talking about this http://ford.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Ford_Taurus_2010/Ford-Lincoln-Mercury-North-America-Map-Update-V9.0x-Includes-Gracenote-Disc/sku/U2192-0000-506/en_US/FordNA/USD
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

sholxgt

Just to clarify for Peppelepugh...

Sync is free to update and can be done via www.syncmyride.com or in the owners section of Ford.com  Updating mine was WELL worth it.  The entire system operates more smoothly and with less hiccups.  It's still not bug free and overall a pretty poor system compared to Sync3 and those offered by other automakers, but it is improved.  (sadly even Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge products have a better system)

Whether or not to update your navigation maps depends on the area you live in/travel in and the amount you use your navigation.  The cost is steep, but I would like to see my car driving on roads instead of through fields on the map so I may do it if I keep the vehicle long enough.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Quote from: sholxgt on October 30, 2016, 03:15:58 PM
  (sadly even Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge products have a better system)

Damn....You know it's getting bad when anything Dodge, Mopar, Chrysler have you outdone.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

peppelepugh

Yeah I was seeing that there was "software upgrades" in that list, which got me excited... I just want to yank the whole system and put in Sync3... Only if it were as easy as a software upgrade! DAMN....

Thanks for the input guys!

TSS

I just want to chime in that the FREE sync update for my 2010 gave me massive  improvements, particularly with BT streaming Pandora. I now get all of the  artist  and title  information on my screen......before the update, I could stream Pandora but I got no information  on my  head unit.

I personally have not gone for the navigation update, because I've only had one situation ever where my GPS couldn't find something because it was too new. Just not a lot of new stuff where I seem to go. LOL
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.