• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hawk hps pads correct pad for 2013 pp

Started by avidmotion, October 10, 2016, 04:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

Is the Hawk Performance HB674F.664 HPS Brake Pad the correct part number for rear pads on a 2013 SHO with PP?
Where is a good place to buy? I found them 58 bucks free shipping, this part number. The stock pads seem fine for my needs. Dealer installed new pads on front,  bought used vehicle with 37,000 miles. Has 45,000 now and down to paper on rear. To me stock pads dust alot, work well, grab good cold or hot and wet, but actually cost more/as much as aftermarket. Also when Ford says the PP has "performance friction" pads, do they mean just performance oriented pads or the name brand Performance Friction?
Thanks for any help.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

SHOdded

The rears are the same on the non-PP and PP pack SHOs, so these should be OK.  Tirerack.com has these for 77, so 58 is a good deal, can find on Amazon also for the price.

12   DG1Z-2200-B   BRAKE PADS
AWD, 2013-16, W/O POLICE INTERCEPTOR, W/SHO
$76.98   $53.12   
12   DG1Z-2200-B   REAR PADS
TAURUS; 3.5L; W/TURBO; SHO PACKAGE 1
$76.98   $53.12   
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

avidmotion

Thanks for the reply, anyone have thoughts about Hawk hps vs stock "performance friction" pads? Any better with no bad traits for DD driven like stolen but never on the track......hmmmm that don't sound good
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Vortech347

Just to give you a heads up the HPS pads are insanely dirty compared to the factory pads but they will stop well.  I run HPS on my Mustangs street duty and HP+ for track.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

sholxgt

I have run Hawk pads of several varieties and don't have anything bad to say about them.  That being said, I would probably go with Motorcraft PP pads.  It's always a good option to go with factory when there's a performance version available from the factory.  I would NOT want the non-PP pads as they do not provide enough friction for my taste.

If you go the factory route, I suggest taking your VIN to your local Ford dealer and have them order them.  From the factory they will come as a kit that includes new lube and all of the shims/backing plates, etc plus instructions.

I found out the hard way that it's next to impossible to ensure that you are getting the PP parts any other way.  Use your VIN and all will be good.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

avidmotion

Yea I do like the PP brakes so far I have no problems and for my applications work well. Usually when have to do maintenence i like to upgrade, and usually that means aftermarket.  Usually aftermarket is better and cheaper. I also hate dealers. Rock auto or another mail order ford dealer has better prices, just have to hope to get the right parts and on this particular application there is a lot of variation.

Vortech347

Forgot to add the stock PP pads are quite good. Excellent initial bite and even with some of my canyon shenanigans I haven't had any fade.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

FoMoCoSHO

avidmotion

Ok, after nearly a week of poking around looking at options I am now thoroughly confused. Do we have 325 mm front or 352 mm front rotors? I have a 2013 PP SHO. Build date 03-2012. Currently I just need rear pads. My rotors are perfect front and rear. (44,500 miles) I see many people opted for the power slot Z 23 pads. They are ceramic. What is our "performance friction " pad formulation, I think it is performance oriented semi metallic. I like the ferro-carbon formulation of the Hawk HPS.The new Hawk 5.0 street/strip formulation sounds great but no pads for the SHO yet.
Power slot Z 26 sounds ok, but no pads listed for SHO. Akebono are ceramic.
No listing for taurus on many actual Hawk sites.
Can someone list Ford's part numbers for a 2013 PP SHO Stock rear pads and front pads too.? Can you mix stock fronts with organic rears? My fronts look new. Rears 10%, need asap, rotors look new. Thanks

ZSHO

Motorcraft 13+SHO PP- FRONT  DG1Z2001F Brake Pads

REAR  DG1Z2200B Brake Pads

FRONT  DG1Z1125C Rotors

REAR  DG1Z2C026A Rotors           http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3901566&cc=1503823&jsn=487 http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5808957&cc=1503823&jsn=484            http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5808957&cc=1503823&jsn=484.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

Thank you that's perfect, I'll just get the stock PP pads and be done with it, for me they have been fine, in the spring I'll change the fluid again and put on ss brakelines. I did these on many cars before and could really tell a difference.
Does anyone know what the stock pad formulation is?

avidmotion

To answer my own question, the stock 2013+pp brake pad formulation is the same as the Hawk hps, ferro carbon semi metallic, with a giant groove down the middle....

avidmotion

Ok ending up getting the pp sho 2013+ stock ceramic rear pads and added dot 4 fluid and new SS lines. Now I am down to 30% on the fronts. The stock PP seem ok but I want better. I will try the Hawk hps......see any deals

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Agentlongwood

Arent the pads for 2013+ all the same with the exception of material?  As in PP and non-PP pads all fit interchangeably the same, but the PP is semi-metallic and the non-PP is ceramic, or something similar.  If that is the case then any 2013+ pad would fit PP and non-PP cars equally well (hence none are labeled as PP).  Or am I mistaken... I'm currently looking into pads/rotors for my 2014 MKS, so I'd appreciate any clarification.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes