• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS tuned 13 SHO not shifting right

Started by Naes556, July 21, 2013, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naes556

Ever since I installed the 93 octane tune from LMS I have periodically had an issue where the car does not shift into second gear right away on WOT.

I will have the car in D and hit the gas.  Once it gets to where it should shift, the car just cuts power like it is bouncing off the rev limiter.  Power seems to come back, cuts again, then shifts into second gear. 

This used to only happen once in a while but now seems to happen almost every time when starting from a dead stop. 

Any suggestions?

Boggus

Talk to LMS and have then adjust the tune
2013 unleashed SHO PP

DJE624

You could try going back to stock and reloading.  Make sure everything is off A/C etc.  I also opened and closed my door so the interior lights/accessories went off before loading. 

Naes556

Quote from: DJE624 on July 21, 2013, 07:49:10 PM
You could try going back to stock and reloading.  Make sure everything is off A/C etc.  I also opened and closed my door so the interior lights/accessories went off before loading.

This was my initial thought.
Not sure if it would change over time or not.

Naes556

I just put it back to stock and ran it WOT many times with no issues.
Put it back to LMS and immediately had the issues I described above.  Looks like I will be calling LMS tomorrow. 

On a brighter note, what a difference in power. 

DJE624

Well, at least you tried.  LMS should be able to fix it for you.  Too bad you have to wait now.  Yeah, The power is great, ain't it? 

SoCalSHO

Quote from: Naes556 on July 21, 2013, 08:38:30 PM
I just put it back to stock and ran it WOT many times with no issues.
Put it back to LMS and immediately had the issues I described above.  Looks like I will be calling LMS tomorrow. 

On a brighter note, what a difference in power. 
Good luck.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SHOdded

Stoopid question, but you are running 93 or more right?  Could be knock sensors kicking in.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Naes556

They seem to think it is the traction control killing my power.
I haven't had time to experiment yet. 

adelsin

Quote from: Naes556 on July 23, 2013, 07:36:30 PM
They seem to think it is the traction control killing my power.
I haven't had time to experiment yet.

Lulz   wut?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

mjhpadi

Did you contact LMS?  It seems that sometimes the tunes need to be tweaked a bit for different strategy codes.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Naes556

Well, I think they may be on to something with the TC.
When I have it off, I chirp into second gear rather than having the power cut off. 

The only problem is that I can launch from a stop with the traction control on but with it off it will spin the tires.

Sounds like some better rubber would solve the problem. 

Anthony from Livernois was great.  They have provided great customer service and quick turn around times. 

geswek

I was going to say same thing. My car acts really weird with nanny on. However when I put car in track mode it's insane. I can spin the hell out of the tyres.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

74d34h

I've had this problem manually shifting and in S. I have had it in 2-3 also only at WOT. I haven't played with traction control. I am requesting the stage 4+ so I will mention this also and see what happens.
2013 SHO

detsho

I'm having this exact problem. Does your SHO have the PP? I got my tuner back in november, with the initial tune I got the chirp and everything was good. Last month I contacted LMS and got a new tune and now I get the aforementioned behavior. Did LMS have any luck helping you out?