• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sync and messages

Started by CroR1, September 25, 2016, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

So I have been trying to send a message from the Sync, and when the car is stopped, the screen just keeps saying "sending message" never goes through. It also ticks me that messages do not work when the car is moving, I could have sworn that this feature worked prior to update this past winter. the phone, making and receiving calls works. Anyone else experience this issue?

FoMoCoSHO

The only phone I have been successful receiving and sending voice reply's was Windows with Cortana.

I was always able to reply while moving.

ZSHO

It sounds like you have a bad Apple which does not like to comply.....try to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery for one minute and this will cause the APIM to reboot (bring up the Sync maintenance screen)and see if that helps. LMK  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

J-Will

I've never been able to get that to work
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

sholxgt

Mine works with my iPhone since updating MyLicolnTouch about a month ago to add Siri eyes free.  It doesn't work through sync, but I can hold the button down on the steering wheel until Siri answers and then do it through Siri.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

CroR1

I'll see if troubleshoot helps later this weekend. thanks guys. I am 100% that I replied before while moving. I think the latest update messed it up, think I read someplace that ford did it to prevent people from texting and driving.

ZSHO

I found this on https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html      Disclaimer: iOS 9.2 may prevent owners of 2011-2016 model year Ford vehicles equipped with SYNC® with MyFord Touch® (v 3.8) from using Siri® Eyes Free over Bluetooth®.

The 9.3 iOS update resolves this issue. Update the iOS software on your iPhone® to use Siri Eyes Free over Bluetooth. If you haven't updated yet, plug your iPhone into your vehicle's USB port to use Siri Eyes Free.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

f8tlSHO

I reply on mine with my iPhone while moving all the time over Bluetooth. Sometimes when I tell Siri to play a song she says she can't do it while the car is in motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq