• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boost and Advance WOT 3rd 91 Cali

Started by 16MagSport, September 23, 2016, 10:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

16MagSport

I am just trying to get a feel for what kind of combination of boost and advance everyone is getting away with on Cali 91 octane fuel in say 3rd gear WOT.  I am only running 11-12psi and 7-8 degrees advance.  I am trying to figure out if my sensed knock is real or not.  On one pass, it only got 5 degrees because it pulled 4.5 with knock.  My tune is commanding really low advance because I keep seeing knock, but my numbers were very different at the drags on back to back runs with all conditions unchanged.  This is making me think false knock.  Another clue, knock goes up and my wife loses over 2mph. Next run, a tad slower.  I wiggle the knock sensor wires, which I previously tried to isolate, and the speed went back up 2mph and the ET came back down.  I guess I'll try to isolate the wires better.

Oh I forgot, I actually had 96 octane in it at the track when it was seeing knock and dropping advance to 5-8 degrees.  Another clue for false knock, it saw more knock in a log the next day on the street with the 96 octane than it did 10 minutes later after I filled it up with 91.  Same stretch of road. 

I want the 15 psi and 10+ degrees advance that I hear people are running.  What is the norm?

Thanks!
2016 Magnetic Explorer Sport 401A  (Wife's DD)  13.55 @ 99.87 mph AJP Tune Only.
1993 Mustang, Big Bore Dart block 347 with Vortech SC, TKO500, 10.84 @ 128.5mph
         (Burned in Cali wildfire)
2006 Dodge Ram, 2WD Quad Cab Hemi, 14.60 @ 92mph
         (Burned in Cali wildfire)