• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO - Running Downpipes w/o Tune (Temp)

Started by Freshwes, September 12, 2016, 09:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freshwes

Hi Everyone,

Recently picked up a 2013 SHO with approx 98000mi.  I ordered a set of LMS Catless downpipes.

I've been slowly picking up parts to order a tune, (Map, Tstat, Colder Plugs, AEM Panel etc)  My mechanic is going to do the PTU, RDU, Oil and Transmission fluid changes this week however I haven't ordered a Tuner yet, as the MAP and Tstat are still on the way. 

Would it be possible (Safe) to run catless downpipes for a couple weeks without a tune until the rest of the parts arrive and I install them. or should I hold off until everything is here to be safe.

I've read a few threads where people ran their downpipes without a tune, however coming from other GTDI cars i've heard a tune is always mandatory.

I can live with the CEL until the tune is installed however i don't want to run the risk of damage by leaning out the car.

Thanks,
Steve

bpd1151

You can run them, with confidence, w/o a tune.

You mention possibly throwing a CEL, which is likely in this instance. But as long as your comfortable staring at that annoying monkey wrench, until you acquire a tune, then all's good.

Obviously, it goes w/o saying, that a tune will definitively optimize all of your mods collectively, for sure.

But if you have that itch to toss on those DP's ahead of time, you'll be plenty fine.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Freshwes