• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New from TCCA

Started by breeves002, July 20, 2013, 01:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breeves002

So I actually posted here for the first time yesterday (or the day before?), but thought I would introduce myself!

I'm Sam, an administrator over at taurusclub.com, which many of you are members of I hope!

I don't actually own an EcoBoost Ford/Lincoln Vehicle, but I do own a 2008 Mercury Sable Premier with every option except for SYNC (because it came out in 12/07 and my car was built 09/07)! I love the car and just rolled over 80k the other day!

This place seems to be less of a mess than EBOF and so far I have been welcomed warmly and people have really impressed me! Thanks to Mike for directing me this way!

Hope to learn as well as give back here! Happy EcoBoosting!
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

SHOdded

Welcome, Sam, officially :)  You've started a great discussion, and hopefully we can turn this AWD abyss into a goldmine!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Yes indeed Sam, you have started a phenomenal discussion & I know our membership here appreciates your involvement & your technical expertise.

Much, MUCH appreciated :thankyou:

Glad to have you here, & thanks for becoming a member of our ever expanding family here on EBPF! :thumb:

Mike :beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

Good to see you Sam! 

crash712us

Welcome Sam! And your addition to our forum has already helped us leaps and bounds.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoPowerParts

Thanks for joining Sam!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mjhpadi

:hi: Hi Sam, glad to see you've joined here!  Nice to have you aboard!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

breeves002

Thank you thank you thank you all for the warm welcomes!

To be honest, in the grand scope of things I am truly a car novice. I've only been a gear head for about a year and a half now and been into computer diagnostics for only a year. However in the past week I've learned more than I have learned in the past year! It's been a great week!

Thanks again for the warm welcome, this seems like a great place to learn more and help you guys out!

mjhpadi

There's a lot to be picked up about cars around here. It's a bunch of knowledgeable guys here and I'm sure some of us have been gearheads longer then you are old.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

breeves002

Very true!  ;D Many of you are double my age if not a coupe triple! I have much to learn, but have learned much already :) Glad to be here.

breeves002

Got some stickers yesterday.... Wonder if anyone will think this thing has an EcoBoost in it, not the measly 3.5 N/A that only makes 263hp :P

My TCCA stickers are going right above it when they come in (ordered same day, taking much longer....).

mjhpadi

Really glad you've joined us...I hope you can make it to the Ford Nationals next year.  Sticker looks good in your car!

bpd1151

Reminds me I still got to order my decal.

Think I'll rock the largest white one for the rear windshield and place it in the open/available spot just under the SHOcago club decal.

I'll echo the same comment that we're glad to have you here, and that your decal placement looks sharp on your measly N/A 3.5. Haha.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

That does look good! 

breeves002

BPD, I guess it really isn't measly. A 3800lb family car thats not designed to be fast with a 7 second 0-60 isn't bad if you ask me :P

I just put my TCCA sticker on today! Looks good as well.