• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

'17 Fusion Sport in Omaha

Started by BOT_ROCKET, August 30, 2016, 10:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOT_ROCKET

Hello all,
I picked up my FuSpo early this month and have been loving it. I've been an active member of the Sport forum since I got it, and I'm excited to be an active member of this one as well. Obviously, the 2.7 Fusion is still brand new, so we're all learning together in the Sport forum. Hopefully I can find some answers from those of you that have been around the ecoboost engines a bit longer.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

Zalvern

Welcome to the forums! This is a great Ecoboost technology global forum to be involved with. Myself being one of the 3.0T MKZ owners will have a niche market (and MKZ forums are small). So I'm sharing my experiences with the vehicle for others to listen and share on.

Great to have a 2017 Fusion Sport owner here! I have a 2014 2.0T Fusion which is "retired" in terms of performance seeking. Was more active on 2gFusions forums then.

Looking forward to some pictures and your goals with the Sport!

SHOdded

Welcome aboard, BOT_ROCKET!  Congrats on the new pocket rocket :thumb:  Pics of your ride please!  Also would love to gain insight on the day to day behavior of your 2.7EB.  This same basic setup is in the 15+ Edge Sport as well, so it will be interesting to compare.  I think the bulk of the issues with the stock setup has been a) grabby brakes (probably because they work TOO well), and b) more importantly, trans shifting behavior.  The trans shifting behavior is definitely addressable via a good tune.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BOT_ROCKET

Pics, huh? Man, you guys are already giving me homework?

Anything specific I should get pics of besides my avatar pic?

As far as day to day behavior, it is fantastic!

There are a few quirks, but brakes aren't one of them. The one main issue I and the other FuSpo owners have is the 3rd gear ratio. 3rd gear is unusually tall. The 1-2 shift drops RPM to ~4800, then the 2-3 shift drops you down to 4500, then 3-4 puts you around 4900. It is really sluggish to shift with the paddles, tho. That's another thing that needs to be addressed by the tuners.

The torque nanny is also a bit disappointing from launch. A tune would help get the 60' time up a lot.

Handling is amazing in Sport mode. Even in the rain with TC off I couldn't break this thing loose. Whether that's a good thing or not is still in the air. :P

I came from an '09 Fusion SEL 3.0 and while that was no slouch, this is a totally different animal.

So far, my only mod is the stock BOV VTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpCqyLQAVX8

PS: Does this bot nanny ever go away? It's really inconvenient and makes me thing you guys have something against bots :/

SHOdded

Pics of your Fusion are what we are after (primarily).  Pics of your other/past rides are also welcome.  It makes me curious since you bring up BOTs.  Do you work in the computer field?  We don't dislike bots in general, just spam bots & other "bad" bots :)  And yes, the nanny will go away soon!

The BOV mod is VERY noticeable :thumb:  The paddles ...  yeeeeaaaah ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BOT_ROCKET

The name is actually my newish gamer tag which has now carried over to my latest forums. It's derived from a game I play that had bots implemented into the public battles due to low player population. I'm not in the tech industry at all. I would tell you my profession, but that usually makes me less popular in performance car forums...

I have some underhood and underbody pics, and I'll get some more exterior pics posted up in a dedicated pic thread so they don't get lost in the intro forum.

Oh, I don't do nudes. Not for cheap anyway.

SHOdded

GTK LOL!  We prefer the pic subjects to at least have some kind of "skin" protection on before posing.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on August 31, 2016, 05:03:44 AM
I would tell you my profession, but that usually makes me less popular in performance car forums...

I will go with LEO, EPA, BMV, or insurance agent...

sholxgt

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

EcoPowerParts

If only you were in Phoenix, I'd have some downpipes, intake and charge pipes made immediately. :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BOT_ROCKET